Groups
    EXPIRED

silly question but....car tax

My car tax has 30th sept 09 and was wondering is it still ok to drive the car on the 30th??

thanks

11 Comments

Yes, it's taxed up to and including the date on the disc...

civms47;6430997

Yes, it's taxed up to and including the date on the disc...

Indeed

Yep...its the 1st of the next month you will be untaxed (if you havent renewed).

Original Poster

cheers guys

You now have a leeway of 5 days if you have ordered it online and waiting for it to be delivered

I renew my tax online on the day it expaires.
    That way you dont waste any money

wookiemummy;6431049

You now have a leeway of 5 days if you have ordered it online and waiting … You now have a leeway of 5 days if you have ordered it online and waiting for it to be delivered

That's not true.

All it states online is that your tax disc will take up to 5 days to arrive. It's still an offence to drive your car with no valid tax disc displayed even if you've already paid for it online.

You need to make sure if ordering online you do it about a week before it is due for renewal :thumbsup:

Why does the tax disc take up to 5 working days to be delivered?We allow … Why does the tax disc take up to 5 working days to be delivered?We allow up to a day for the application to be processed. The tax disc will then be printed and despatched to Royal Mail to be sent by 1st class post. This can take up to 5 working days.I have not received the tax disc. What should I do?If the tax disc has not been received after 5 working days, please telephone us between 8am to 8.30pm Monday to Friday and 8am to 5.30pm Saturdays on 0870 850 4444. When you make the call, please have the Reference Number available and choose option 4 then option 1.[COLOR="Red"]I have not received the tax disc. Can I use the vehicle without the tax disc displayed?It is an offence to use a vehicle on a public road without displaying a valid tax disc.[/COLOR]

Tanchi;6431055

I renew my tax online on the day it expaires.That way you dont waste any … I renew my tax online on the day it expaires.That way you dont waste any money

:thinking: how are you not wasting money by renewing it then?

If you renew it earlier it still covers the same period for the same amount of money.

just get it done at the post office, there and then. Why risk a fine?

wookiemummy;6431049

You now have a leeway of 5 days if you have ordered it online and waiting … You now have a leeway of 5 days if you have ordered it online and waiting for it to be delivered

Provided you dont get noticed by a policeman who is having a bad day. Can still be done for failure to display 'technically'. If car is on public road it can be towed away and you could technically be faced with charges for retrival.
    Sorry to be a doom monger. Hope you only meet human coppers and traffic attendants till you are taxed.

closed @ ops request. thank you

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions
    1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …268914
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764562
    3. Labour MP Naz Shah retweeted calling for abused white girls to shut their m…1231
    4. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread416714128

See more discussions