Silly question, i want to use this avatar.but too many KB

7 replies
Found 23rd Feb 2009
how do i reduce the KB ??(not the dimensions as they are fine)

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
7 Comments

Original Poster

http://i42.tinypic.com/2qvgl7n.gif

[IMG]i248.photobucket.com/alb…gif?t=1235383871[/IMG]

Morning .. This is my effort by reducing the colours to make it under the required 19.5 kb

Original Poster

snowtiger;4461303

[IMG]http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg171/123music129/br1.gif?t=1235383871[/IMG] Morning .. This is my effort by reducing the colours to make it under the required 19.5 kb

perfect, thanks. rep:thumbsup:

snowtiger: so how did you do it, as I often find many avatars I would like to use (such as my current one) but they are always too big, so end up just displaying the first frame of the animation

Mike..

Banned

MikeBeaver;4461466

snowtiger: so how did you do it, as I often find many avatars I would … snowtiger: so how did you do it, as I often find many avatars I would like to use (such as my current one) but they are always too big, so end up just displaying the first frame of the animation :pMike..

Use an animation gif editor, I use Paint Shop Pro 9 Animation Shop it allows you to optimise the image

MikeBeaver;4461466

snowtiger: so how did you do it, as I often find many avatars I would … snowtiger: so how did you do it, as I often find many avatars I would like to use (such as my current one) but they are always too big, so end up just displaying the first frame of the animation :pMike..

Hi Mike, I use this image editor online-image-editor.com/ as it's so simple to use to upload, it has all the tools you need to resize/crop, reduce colours, animate etc .. hope this helps.

For HUKD Avatars .. Note: The maximum size of your custom image is 80 by 80 pixels or 19.5 KB (whichever is smaller).

Smashing, will have a go when I get back to mine and see if I can get it to work, many thanks,

Mike..
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition69770
    2. Win a villa holiday for two in Portugal with Four Seasons Fairways @ Sunday…66
    3. Win two star gazing festival tickets in the north pennines54
    4. Win 1 of 30 Gin Festival, Eastbourne Pairs of Tickets (Value £30 per pair)11

See more discussions