Groups

Silly/strange question about chests of drawers

The ones in my new room are nice but they keep coming off the track or whatever the metal bar is called they roll on.

even if empty or only light things in, and it often takes a few minutes to sort each time for a few seconds later it to happen again.

I think the landlord just bought cheap IKEA stuff.

But anyway to sort it?

3 Comments

They should have a machine screw going in from the inside of the draw to the metal runner piece that fits in the groove which fits in, they are usually a M5 thread, if youve got a wilko's they do bolts there about 59p for 10 the bolts from those will do the job.

what you could try is get sum weed. about 2 mm under the with of the groove in the draw. make two pieces of that and replace them with the runners.

If the drawers are 'diy put together' ones, then try moving the base of the sides more towards each other - it could just be that the gap for the drawers is a bit too big.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Veteran TV host Sir Bruce Forsyth dies at 892529
      2. Veteran TV presenter doesn't die but gets damages from the Police - is that…66
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764306
      4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846211

See more discussions