Silvercrest SL65 and Sky Mini Dish - Where are the TV Channels?

Found 16th Nov 2008
Got my heads around getting my 2-year old Silvercrest SL65 receiver to work with my newly installed SKY mini dish receiver.
The receiver is working but I can't seem to get any channels out of it. FYI, I have reconnected the wire to the back of the SL65 receiver from the Sky box.
I have around 700ish channels in the list but none of them are working (at least not the video ones).
Help/Advise welcomed/needed. What else do I need to do?

6 Comments

Sky is transmitted on Astra 2, you will probably find that your Silvercrest is only loaded with Astra 1 channels.

You need to set the receiver to Astra 2, then scan for channels.

You will only get the free channels from Sky on it tho'.

dcx_badass;3483813

Or Patch it and get the movie channels on AStra 1 for free.

The SL65 isn't an easy box to patch, unless things have changed recently.

Perhaps you could give a link to how to patch this box if you know one.

Original Poster

Inactive;3483745

Sky is transmitted on Astra 2, you will probably find that your … Sky is transmitted on Astra 2, you will probably find that your Silvercrest is only loaded with Astra 1 channels.You need to set the receiver to Astra 2, then scan for channels.You will only get the free channels from Sky on it tho'.

I don't really care/mind about Sky channels. I want to receive French channels. Does Astra 2 carry any French channels though?

Original Poster

This is a quick bump

i have dbox1 with same problem

Banned

Inactive;3483948

The SL65 isn't an easy box to patch, unless things have changed … The SL65 isn't an easy box to patch, unless things have changed recently.Perhaps you could give a link to how to patch this box if you know one.

One of ]these links should hit the spot!
Post a comment
@
    Text