Groups

Sim Card Question

i am on an O2 contract, my phone broke 4 weeks ago so i decided to get an unlocked cheap pay as you go mobile to use this sim in.

If i insert my O2 contract sim into new phone will it retrieve any texts that have been sent over the last few weeks?

10 Comments

it will retrieve any texts sent over the last few days definately but ultimately it depends on the message validity period set by the network from whom they were sent as to just how far back they will go.

Banned

no it won't, most phones now a days store the messages on the phone it self. Unless it is a real brick in which case they'll be on the SIM but only up to 20 messages.

Original Poster

Thanks guys, rep added

whatever was stored in sim will be retrieved i think thats the way it works

Original Poster

Some guy on another forum reckons they will be retrieved....confused!!

On my old broken phone all my texts were saved to memory but i was thinking all the texts that were sent when phone was broke where would they go? surely they would come to the sim ( mobile number) i still have on contract?

i was told if anything is saved to sim and not to the phone then thats how it works as i had similiar and the i had lost alot of stuff and was then told to save all to sim but as i say i am not sure ps and i am blonde!!!

as long as you havnt recieved them while ur phone was broke they will come to ur new phone with ur old sim m8

Original Poster

Jumpingphil;6785670

I think some peeps are confused on here.You are talking about texts sent … I think some peeps are confused on here.You are talking about texts sent that you have not received yet 'cos your phone was broke.So, yes, when you insert your sim into a working phone, you will then have those texts come flooding in to you.It is just like you turned your phone off for 4 weeks.:thumbsup:

Think this seems to be the consensus.

reply from other forum:

"So long as the messages have not been received on your other phone, then the backlog should be stored on the 02 server. So as soon as you get an active connection they will come flooding in, just like if you turned your phone off for a month.
    Some messages might be missing if they are over a month odd as the server may clean out undelivered messages."

Thanks to all for taking time to reply, some good and helpful folk on this site.

Banned

Jumpingphil;6785670

I think some peeps are confused on here.You are talking about texts sent … I think some peeps are confused on here.You are talking about texts sent that you have not received yet 'cos your phone was broke.So, yes, when you insert your sim into a working phone, you will then have those texts come flooding in to you.It is just like you turned your phone off for 4 weeks.:thumbsup:

indeed I read the first line and off I went :roll: first reply is correct

Original Poster

Jumpingphil;6785759

Blimey, I could have almost written that other reply too.:w00t:Thanks for … Blimey, I could have almost written that other reply too.:w00t:Thanks for the rep, one tip though, try and get in the habit of signing it. Otherwise peeps won't know where it came from.:thumbsup:

Ok!:thumbsup: cheers JP
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Tv choice magazine Issue 3966
      2. Win a Free minion usb stick22
      3. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains66
      4. Magazine competitions - Issue 37 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk2020

See more discussions