Groups

SIM card registration failed?

Bought an N95 from a user here, they are offline just now though so I was wondering if any of you knew what this meant? It really can't be the SIM card though, can it? I just bought it 15mins ago. This is on the Orange network btw, and its a N95

14 Comments

You need to ring orange and register the simcard.

Original Poster

Really? Anytime I've gotten a SIM card I've never needed to register it, is this a new thing

t0mm;1789140

You need to ring orange and register the simcard.

t0mm knows, listen to t0mm :thumbsup:

nacider;1789154

Really? Anytime I've gotten a SIM card I've never needed to register it, … Really? Anytime I've gotten a SIM card I've never needed to register it, is this a new thing

Orange have always done it - or at least the last year or so i've used them.

Original Poster

I just noticed from documents that this phone wasn't previously a Pay as you go, it was a pay monthly if this makes any difference

That wouldn't make a difference unless the phone is locked to a specific network, such as Vodafone / Orange. Orange require you to register. Other networks don't. HTH

Original Poster

Ahh right I didn't know this, I've always been with O2 or T-Mobile. Thanks alot guys! I'm gonna register it just now

By the way, it can take up to 24 hours for it to actually work.

How does the N95 rate on PAYG?

I really like the look of that phone but thought running all the web stuff would simply be too expensive at prepay rates.

Ungreat;1789236

How does the N95 rate on PAYG?I really like the look of that phone but … How does the N95 rate on PAYG?I really like the look of that phone but thought running all the web stuff would simply be too expensive at prepay rates.

T-mobile would be best- I think they do unlimited surfing for £1 a day.

Original Poster

Thats me registered, I actually got a nice wee memorable number too. Thanks again :-D

Original Poster

t0mm;1789234

By the way, it can take up to 24 hours for it to actually work.

Its working just now though. But to register on the orange website its asking me to put in 4-digit identity code

the four digit code should be in the text they send to you after registration?

Original Poster

they only sent me an 8 digit one, i know these things can be slow so i'll give it time
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a luxury five-star break for two in Paris with Le Bristol Paris and Eur…67
      2. Win a Davosa Ternos Submariner Wristwatch worth £64545
      3. Win a flagship smartphone - the HTC U1134
      4. Magazine competitions - Issue 39 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk66

See more discussions