Sim network pin blocked. Enter sim network puk

Posted 26th Apr 2019
i recently sold a phone.. fully working. in a few hours the buyer gets back to me saying the phone is asking for a puk code... having no idea what they mean i accept the phone back and provide them with a replacement phone.

now getting back to the PUK issue. this was not there when i sold the phone.

its locked to Vodafone. now every other sim i try other than voda it asks for a PUK code. this was NOT the case before i sold it as i did try other sims in the phone. so the buyer has done something..and now not responding to my messages for over 2 weeks.

phone is locked to Vodafone. they are asking me to contact other networks to get the puk code. how will they give me a PUK code when its vodafone the phone is locked to?? all CS are closed now so asking on here...
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

20 Comments
Vodafone and Three (since it said other network) customer service is 24/7 on live chat so worth asking them.

I may be wrong but I think a PUK code is linked to a SIM card. If you set a SIM card PIN and get it incorrect for a set amount of times, you must enter the PUK to reset the PIN.
Did you get the same phone back that you sold?
Wadda22 m ago

Did you get the same phone back that you sold?

Yes
jamie1526/04/2019 00:25

Vodafone and Three (since it said other network) customer service is 24/7 …Vodafone and Three (since it said other network) customer service is 24/7 on live chat so worth asking them.I may be wrong but I think a PUK code is linked to a SIM card. If you set a SIM card PIN and get it incorrect for a set amount of times, you must enter the PUK to reset the PIN.

I have just spoken to them. They told me i need to contact other network to get the puk code. But i might need the sim number that was used on the account...

What do i do now?!
JaYy_dOg26/04/2019 01:00

I have just spoken to them. They told me i need to contact other network …I have just spoken to them. They told me i need to contact other network to get the puk code. But i might need the sim number that was used on the account...What do i do now?!

Do you know what the other network is? Which network SIM cards have you tried in the phone?
jamie151 m ago

Do you know what the other network is? Which network SIM cards have you …Do you know what the other network is? Which network SIM cards have you tried in the phone?

The buyer used EE sim.

I have tried ee, o2 and Three
A puk code is for a sim not a phone.

Is it a Samsung? A quick Google found a thread and it seems Samsung stupidly call the phone unlock code a puk even though it's totally different. Basically it seems like the person you sold it to entered a unlock pin wrong 3 times and it's now sim locked it so you'll need to get the phone network unlocked by Vodafone.

eu.community.samsung.com/t5/Smartphones-Tablets-Wearables/Sim-network-pin-blocked-Enter-sim-network-PUK-S7-And-S8-HELP/td-p/455871

forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/…788

forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/…408
Edited by: "dcx_badass" 26th Apr 2019
If the phone is showing as locked to Vodafone isn't it just a case of buying a network unlock code for it?
Edited by: "notalwaysright19" 26th Apr 2019
notalwaysright1926/04/2019 00:47

If the phone is showing as locked to Vodafone isn't it just a case of …If the phone is showing as locked to Vodafone isn't it just a case of buying a network unlock code for it?

No.
Take it into Vodafone shop, see what they say. Or email phone manufacturer to find out what you need to do
A puk is needed when someone puts their pin (which is linked to their win) in wrong 3 times.

nothing to do with phones being locked etc.

who ever you sold it too needs to ring his networks customer care number and ask for the puk for his mobile number
deleted1471098
37533679.jpg

Example of where to find puk code
Edited by: "deleted1471098" 26th Apr 2019
If you read my link you'll see that even though it's called a puk, it's not the one for the sim. It seems to be a Samsung/Vodafone thing where if you enter the sim/network unlock code wrong a few times you need a new master unlock code which they stupidly call a puk, once that's entered you can enter the nuc (network unlock code) to remove the sim/network lock.
deleted67360
This phone is Puked!

I will get my coat...
The Personal Unlocking Key,PUK, is attached to the sim.You need the phone number and ring up the network and they will give you i think an eight or ten digit code to unlock the sim .
Edited by: "AW0079" 26th Apr 2019
Managed to find someone on ebay who provides PUK codes and it worked... £10 wasted

Thanks all appreciate all the responses!
JaYy_dOg1 m ago

Managed to find someone on ebay who provides PUK codes and it worked... …Managed to find someone on ebay who provides PUK codes and it worked... £10 wasted Thanks all appreciate all the responses!

Ask for a refund .
JaYy_dOg26/04/2019 17:01

Managed to find someone on ebay who provides PUK codes and it worked... …Managed to find someone on ebay who provides PUK codes and it worked... £10 wasted Thanks all appreciate all the responses!

I would say that's £10 well spent!!!
StonkwellBogtrotter26/04/2019 17:02

I would say that's £10 well spent!!!

Yep. Saved me the hassle of ringing around or going instore i guess. Code was recieved in 3 hours too!
JaYy_dOg14 m ago

Yep. Saved me the hassle of ringing around or going instore i guess. Code …Yep. Saved me the hassle of ringing around or going instore i guess. Code was recieved in 3 hours too!

But if you had rang the network,you would have got the code for £00.00p .
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants