sim only deals

Found 11th Nov 2017
i'm on the hunt for a super super super cheap sim only deal. 12month contract
i need at least 4gb data, 2000mins & unlimited texts.
my budget is £6.25/month
(i know almost impossible but i want to try and get as close to that figure if not less if possible).
i'll go through 3rd party sites & factor in cashback/insensitive vouchers to lower the price to my desired monthly cost overall, if that makes sense.

i'm a bit iffy about quidco & tcb deals with 3 due to most reviews i've read stating even when cashback has tracked, 3 have refused to pay out. (further info on this would be good as there is the 12gb,unltd call & texts with 3 for 12/month with 60 cashback effectively reducing to 7/month but i'm just not confident 3 will pay out, so holding off on that to see if there is a more reliable offer that gives me cashback/voucher).

any help appreciated. i'm currently on a payg with giffgaff so dont really have "retention" leverage.
Community Updates
Ask
6 Comments
You missed th 5Gb virgin deal last week for £4, if I was you I would go with plusnet check them direct and the likes of uswitch you will have to pay more but you will have a 30 day contract and not tied onto 12 months so can move around as offers come up even to a different plus net deal. Make sure you keep an eye on here daily for new good deals.
eslick7 m ago

You missed th 5Gb virgin deal last week for £4, if I was you I would go …You missed th 5Gb virgin deal last week for £4, if I was you I would go with plusnet check them direct and the likes of uswitch you will have to pay more but you will have a 30 day contract and not tied onto 12 months so can move around as offers come up even to a different plus net deal. Make sure you keep an eye on here daily for new good deals.

eslick7 m ago

You missed th 5Gb virgin deal last week for £4, if I was you I would go …You missed th 5Gb virgin deal last week for £4, if I was you I would go with plusnet check them direct and the likes of uswitch you will have to pay more but you will have a 30 day contract and not tied onto 12 months so can move around as offers come up even to a different plus net deal. Make sure you keep an eye on here daily for new good deals.

yeah god knows how i missed that lol so typical

it's not that i'm in a rush to get a contract it's that at current i'm torn between 2 options. one of the phones is avaialable on a decent hell even excellent contract, the other i'd have to purchase sim free & then use sim only. i'd get the sim free phone if i could definately get a decent simo deal to go with it but based on whats around at the moment the simo phone is going to cost me about £200 more over the 24 month period & i'm not sure its worth that much extra
Had phones for 17 years now and we have never had a contract always bought it as sim only or back in the day linked to the old top up. Normally wouldn’t even look at contracts don’t think they are worth it and I don’t like being tied but you are right if it’s £200 more wouldn’t be worth it. Though you might want to look at the likes of the refurbished o2 like new phones on a refresh deal you can pay off the device as soon as you get it. Got the wife and kids SE for £120 and a 7 for £267 a few months ago even managed to sell our 5S for £130. The SEs hadn’t been registered and the 7 had 11.5 apple warranty left and they all came with o2 warranty for 12 months.
eslick12 h, 14 m ago

Had phones for 17 years now and we have never had a contract always bought …Had phones for 17 years now and we have never had a contract always bought it as sim only or back in the day linked to the old top up. Normally wouldn’t even look at contracts don’t think they are worth it and I don’t like being tied but you are right if it’s £200 more wouldn’t be worth it. Though you might want to look at the likes of the refurbished o2 like new phones on a refresh deal you can pay off the device as soon as you get it. Got the wife and kids SE for £120 and a 7 for £267 a few months ago even managed to sell our 5S for £130. The SEs hadn’t been registered and the 7 had 11.5 apple warranty left and they all came with o2 warranty for 12 months.

O2 refresh sounds like a hassle from what I've read in here.

The phone I'm after is the Nokia 8. There's a deal on here for the 64gb/4gb ram version 24 month contract 8gb data unltd calls and texts for 25/month down to 22.88/month after auto cashback (not quidco or tcb but 3rd party seller so basically guaranteed) which equates to a total price of £525 over the 3 years. There's also cashback via quidco of 30 further reducing the cost to £495

The other option is the Nokia 8 with 128gb/6gb ram for £449 SIM free + a SIM only contract. But the cheapest SIM only contract I can find is £9/month with 3 (again via 3rd party site) 9x12 is 108 duplicate it by 2 years that's 216. Even if I can find a better deal the second year your still looking at around the 200 mark for the simo contract which gives a total price of 649 for that handset. My issue is, I don't know that it's worth that £150 more than the 64/4gb model .... ?
little_green27 m ago

O2 refresh sounds like a hassle from what I've read in here.The phone I'm …O2 refresh sounds like a hassle from what I've read in here.The phone I'm after is the Nokia 8. There's a deal on here for the 64gb/4gb ram version 24 month contract 8gb data unltd calls and texts for 25/month down to 22.88/month after auto cashback (not quidco or tcb but 3rd party seller so basically guaranteed) which equates to a total price of £525 over the 3 years. There's also cashback via quidco of 30 further reducing the cost to £495The other option is the Nokia 8 with 128gb/6gb ram for £449 SIM free + a SIM only contract. But the cheapest SIM only contract I can find is £9/month with 3 (again via 3rd party site) 9x12 is 108 duplicate it by 2 years that's 216. Even if I can find a better deal the second year your still looking at around the 200 mark for the simo contract which gives a total price of 649 for that handset. My issue is, I don't know that it's worth that £150 more than the 64/4gb model .... ?

Don’t discount the 02 deals done it 6 times no issues at all.
eslick32 m ago

Don’t discount the 02 deals done it 6 times no issues at all.

I guess. But at current the don't have the Nokia 8 and that's the phone I'm after.
May consider the op5 or op5 t if they have a good deal on it?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions