Simba Mattress on eBay for sale - too good to be true?

Posted 15th Sep
Hello Guys,

After reading reviews and also testing it in Bensons for beds, I’ve decided I would like to purchase a Simba mattress.

I’ve been looking online over the past week to try and find the best price (I’m wanting a king size one).

On the Simba website they are priced at £749 for King Size.

There is a seller on eBay currently selling the king size one at just £419.95..... ( item number is 202752128419)

Ive checked the sellers feedback and they seem to have sold a very large amount of them and ALL the feedbacks are positive, they also state the Mattresses are new and not refurbished.

It appears the only drawback is this does not come with the 100 day return trial that Simba offers - but as I’m confident I want it, I don’t think this bothers me too much and at such a large discount on the RRP I think I want to buy it.

Is there anything I should be wary of as I’m
Concerned it’s one of those too good to be true deals?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

7 Comments
It could be true, I’ve noticed a lot on gumtree (used) cheap enough. I was wondering if people were getting shot...
Simba mattresses are (originally ) way overpriced with deals available all the time . Seems about the going rate , ensure its a bonefide seller and you are protected by eBay .

I note that Simba (and the like) often do refurbished (recovered ) deals - Maybe these are sold on returns (after being recovered ) . How you would know the difference I wouldn't have a clue - maybe message the seller (via eBay of course )? I f they are helpful could be a good deal , if they are evasive -best avoid .
I’ve emailed the seller and had this response.... (I’m thinking I’d much rather pay £419 than £749)

“ Hi Nick, thanks for your inquiry.

We can confirm that these are Brand New and still in their original box.

When buying at full retail, a good chunk of your money goes towards paying for the 100 night sleep trial and the 10 year guarantee for the 10-15% of people that return them.

We choose not to offer either of these options and instead offer the best possible price.

Please read our feedback for reassurance.

Regards
nick198115/09/2019 21:24

I’ve emailed the seller and had this response.... (I’m thinking I’d much ra …I’ve emailed the seller and had this response.... (I’m thinking I’d much rather pay £419 than £749)“ Hi Nick, thanks for your inquiry.We can confirm that these are Brand New and still in their original box.When buying at full retail, a good chunk of your money goes towards paying for the 100 night sleep trial and the 10 year guarantee for the 10-15% of people that return them.We choose not to offer either of these options and instead offer the best possible price.Please read our feedback for reassurance.Regards

Sounds reasonable to me , and of course you are protected by eBay if it is not as described . Don't know who the seller is but might be wise to bear in mind that eBay appear to be doing 10%-20% off deals every other week at the moment (although only on "selected " sellers recently) .
nick198115/09/2019 21:24

I’ve emailed the seller and had this response.... (I’m thinking I’d much ra …I’ve emailed the seller and had this response.... (I’m thinking I’d much rather pay £419 than £749)“ Hi Nick, thanks for your inquiry.We can confirm that these are Brand New and still in their original box.When buying at full retail, a good chunk of your money goes towards paying for the 100 night sleep trial and the 10 year guarantee for the 10-15% of people that return them.We choose not to offer either of these options and instead offer the best possible price.Please read our feedback for reassurance.Regards

I would have thought the 10 year guarantee would be provided by the manufacturer so it has nothing to do with them?
jamie1516/09/2019 08:17

I would have thought the 10 year guarantee would be provided by the …I would have thought the 10 year guarantee would be provided by the manufacturer so it has nothing to do with them?

Depends on the arrangement they have with their supplier/manufacturer.
What does the mattress 10 year guarantee cover?
We're proud to offer a 10 year guarantee on each Simba mattress. If your mattress fails within that period due to a manufacturing defect we will exchange it for a brand new one.

We don't have any hidden charges, and our mattresses are built to last. The guarantee covers physical manufacturing flaws in the mattress layers but only includes defects relating to the mattress cover for the first year and does not cover conditions resulting in wear and tear and customer damage e.g damage whilst moving.

As part of the guarantee, we ask that you make sure to rotate (not flip!) the mattress regularly to keep it in optimum condition. Just turn it once a month for the first 3 months, then every 3-6 months for the rest of its life.
Edited by: "fearona" 16th Sep
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants