Expired

Simon Barlow from Corrie

Found 6th Jul 2015
I wonder when it is going to come out that Peter isn't Simon's real dad? I mean, his mum, that florist woman, was white, Peter is white, but Simon is blatantly half cast. Wonder who porked his mum? Dev has to be among the top contenders.

Shared Via The HUKD App For Android.
Community Updates
MiscSim Only
46 Comments
Is this a joke post? Leanne adopted him, Peter is his dad - his first wife was black.
I hope you realise, you're wasting your life away wondering
Is this Mumsnet????????
FMJ1000

Is this a joke post? Leanne adopted him, Peter is his dad - his first … Is this a joke post? Leanne adopted him, Peter is his dad - his first wife was black.

Incorrect sir. Simon's natural mother was called Lucy and she was white.
I thought that this was a deal's website?
"blatantly half cast"
https://i.imgur.com/xV3slh.jpg
X)
I think you mean mixed race, "half caste" is an offensive term.

But with regards to your question, the character is not supposed to be mixed race anyway. Same with Adam Barton in Emmerdale, both his parents (in the programme) are white but he is in fact mixed race.
Edited by: "A1512" 6th Jul 2015
Probably been labelled as an offensive comment by a group of people who all have parents of the same race. In my opinion racism is the act of deliberately trying to cause pain or offence to a person purely because of their ethnicity. I was merely making an observation without trying to cause offence to anyone, except perhaps Corrie's producers.
Python

Probably been labelled as an offensive comment by a group of people who … Probably been labelled as an offensive comment by a group of people who all have parents of the same race. In my opinion racism is the act of deliberately trying to cause pain or offence to a person purely because of their ethnicity. I was merely making an observation without trying to cause offence to anyone, except perhaps Corrie's producers.

as a Coronation Street producer I am unbelievably offended by your racist comment and lack of knowledge about people we have killed off

NOW GET OUTTA MY PUB

oh sorry wrong show
Python

Incorrect sir. Simon's natural mother was called Lucy and she was white.

Forgive me if i'm wrong but I thought Soap Opera's were fiction
We need a public inquiry.
Well, I guess the producers can't discriminate simply because the actor is mixed race, Maybe when he auditioned they screamed you can't discriminate or we'll sue etc..
deleted265520
shauneco

Well, I guess the producers can't discriminate simply because the actor … Well, I guess the producers can't discriminate simply because the actor is mixed race, Maybe when he auditioned they screamed you can't discriminate or we'll sue etc..

Or maybe his first wife was black and it tied in with the story line lol
Simon's mum:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/7a/KatyCarmichael.jpg
Butterbean

Simon's mum:

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view1/4510698/vic-reeves-o.gif
Patrick from Eastenders gave her one in a crossover episode. Pat Butcher filmed it...
Can I get a copy of that film anywhere Steve Mac ?
Butterbean

Simon's mum:

FInally, someone with some Street knowledge ..so OP did have a valid point, no?
Steve Mac

Patrick from Eastenders gave her one in a crossover episode. Pat Butcher … Patrick from Eastenders gave her one in a crossover episode. Pat Butcher filmed it...

I wouldn't recommend it, Pat joins in half way through and accidentally shouts out 'Frank' at climax.
Steve Mac

I wouldn't recommend it, Pat joins in half way through and accidentally … I wouldn't recommend it, Pat joins in half way through and accidentally shouts out 'Frank' at climax.

You have a weird imagination X)
Aiden1512

Nooooo, we mustn't talk. Mark thinks I'm your stalker :-(
Wikipedia states:

"For some, the term half-caste is more offensive than mixed-race, even if the latter is suggestive of tainting and dilution of ethnicity."

en.wikipedia.org/wik…ste

Edited by: "rightview" 7th Jul 2015
Aiden1512

Jim MacDonald even made a cheeky cameo later on so he did.
Steve Mac

Nooooo, we mustn't talk. Mark thinks I'm your stalker :-(

I wouldn't worry about it, he hasn't noticed so far

Steve Mac

Jim MacDonald even made a cheeky cameo later on so he did.

oO

Aiden1512

I wouldn't worry about it, he hasn't noticed so far ;)oO:D

Has he noticed yet...?
Steve Mac

Has he noticed yet...?

Maybe he's on holiday
Aiden1512

Maybe he's on holiday

Or he's lurking in the shadows waiting to pounce!
he is becoming an annoying little sone of a.....
Jimi Mistry is half white, and nobody bats an eyelid when he plays the son of two Asians in corrie.

Disturbing double-standards at play if you ask me.

http://i.imgur.com/TgGX0ch.gif
Aiden1512

Maybe he's on holiday

If he's on holiday in Brum I'd better be on the lookout lol
Steve Mac

If he's on holiday in Brum I'd better be on the lookout lol

Highly unlikely, why would anyone holiday in Brum?

Aiden1512

Highly unlikely, why would anyone holiday in Brum? :|:D

oO
Steve Mac

oO

X) Hardly a tourist hotspot is it, lol. Apart from the bull ring, a couple of decent gardens and the museum.
Aiden1512

X) Hardly a tourist hotspot is it, lol. Apart from the bull ring, a … X) Hardly a tourist hotspot is it, lol. Apart from the bull ring, a couple of decent gardens and the museum.

Sutton is quite nice, then we've got Sutton Park, Botanical Gardens, Hippodrome, Rep, Crescent, Newhall Park etc... So there
Aiden1512

X) Hardly a tourist hotspot is it, lol. Apart from the bull ring, a … X) Hardly a tourist hotspot is it, lol. Apart from the bull ring, a couple of decent gardens and the museum.

Says her who went to Chichester
Steve Mac

Sutton is quite nice, then we've got Sutton Park, Botanical Gardens, … Sutton is quite nice, then we've got Sutton Park, Botanical Gardens, Hippodrome, Rep, Crescent, Newhall Park etc... So there

Oh I know, I only about 10 miles from Birmingham so I've been to most of the attractions etc, I think that's probably why I don't think there's much to see, I've already seen all of it.
miikeyblue

Says her who went to Chichester

I would pick Chichester any day X)
It was lovely, everywhere was so neat and clean, and everyone seemed so happy and relaxed, nice little town.
Simon could be what you call a throw back where someone a long the lines has black in them 9mum or dad) it does happen for real.
corrielover2

Simon could be what you call a throw back where someone a long the lines … Simon could be what you call a throw back where someone a long the lines has black in them 9mum or dad) it does happen for real.

Merry Christmas, please stay around..............stay forever!
corrielover2

Simon could be what you call a throw back where someone a long the lines … Simon could be what you call a throw back where someone a long the lines has black in them 9mum or dad) it does happen for real.

You best not be a guy talking about this ****
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants