Found 13th Oct 2016
Hi,

I was looking for a plain and simple inexpensive MP3 player like the Ipod shuffle.

Any suggestions please

15 Comments

good for you

£1.07 Gearbest on HUKD

If you want something abit more you will find plenty of the cheap clip style ones on Amazon and Ebay like below.

Amazon £7.99 mini clip mp3 player

If you wish to put the boat at abit more look around for the Sandisk ranges like the clip jam or clip sport around £24-30.
Sandisk from mymemory

Edited by: "cecilmcroberts" 13th Oct 2016

Have you got a old mobile that you can use. Anything from a dumb Nokia or 3+ year old smartphone. No need for sim card. I use a old Samsung s3. I installed a podcatcher. Google music is on it so I can pin tracks for offline playback. I have mp3 albums loaded on to. Like I said. No sim card so can't be used as a phone.

Ipod shuffle?

Original Poster

cecilmcroberts

£1.07 Gearbest on HUKDIf you want something abit more you will find … £1.07 Gearbest on HUKDIf you want something abit more you will find plenty of the cheap clip style ones on Amazon and Ebay like below. Amazon £7.99 mini clip mp3 playerIf you wish to put the boat at abit more look around for the Sandisk ranges like the clip jam or clip sport around £24-30.Sandisk from mymemory

Thanks I did check amazon. But these ones dont look reliable.

Original Poster

wayners

Have you got a old mobile that you can use. Anything from a dumb Nokia or … Have you got a old mobile that you can use. Anything from a dumb Nokia or 3+ year old smartphone. No need for sim card. I use a old Samsung s3. I installed a podcatcher. Google music is on it so I can pin tracks for offline playback. I have mp3 albums loaded on to. Like I said. No sim card so can't be used as a phone.

Good idea but im looking for something small and compact

adamnsu

Thanks I did check amazon. But these ones dont look reliable.

I'm afraid to say reliable and cheap don't normally go well together. The sandisk ones always come highly regarded.

I have the SanDisk Clip Jam 8GB since mid last year, which I take with me every time I leave the house. The tiny size, all day battery life and microSD expansion slot make it a bargain, especially at £24.99 delivered.
The only thing that I don't like about it is that it doesn't have a dedicated hold slider. If you stuff it into your jeans pocket it is easy to accidentally press the back button (which doubles as hold button), turning the player off.
Edited by: "SUMMONER" 13th Oct 2016

SanDisk Clip Zip 8GB. Clip on your collar or hat as so small . Prices are rising as discontinued but if you can get one they are good.

Benjie s5. long battery life

SUMMONER

I have the SanDisk Clip Jam 8GB since mid last year, which I take with me … I have the SanDisk Clip Jam 8GB since mid last year, which I take with me every time I leave the house. The tiny size, all day battery life and microSD expansion slot make it a bargain, especially at £24.99 delivered.The only thing that I don't like about it is that it doesn't have a dedicated hold slider. If you stuff it into your jeans pocket it is easy to accidentally press the back button (which doubles as hold button), turning the player off.

Agree, these are great. Also Audible compatible.

Original Poster

It seems there is a gap in this market.

I remember one of my friends in uni had a cube mp3 player. tried looking for that but they are not avaliable anymore.

This aint too bad Maxell P-Series MP3 Player

What size (capacity) are you looking for?
Edited by: "Spango" 16th Oct 2016

Original Poster

Spango

What size (capacity) are you looking for?

4gb atleas

adamnsu

4gb atleas

OK - I had an original shuffle kicking about, but they're only 512MB (I think).
Good luck!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769622
    2. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247673
    3. Anger over Donald Trump's UK crime tweet3477
    4. First batch of original Xbox backwards compatible games913

See more discussions