Simply brilliant determination...

Found 24th Aug 2017
GCSE: Sister of Manchester bomb victim Martyn Hett gets 11 A*s

The sister of Manchester bomb victim Martyn Hett has been described as a "hero" for getting 11 A*s in her GCSEs.

Martyn, 29, from Stockport, was one of 22 people who died when a homemade bomb was detonated after an Ariana Grande concert at Manchester Arena on 22 May.

Nikita, 16, took an exam the day after finding out her brother had died, while the family were "completely numb".

She said: "I didn't want to let what's happened stop me. Martyn would want me to do it and do it well."

Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
Destard1 h, 43 m ago

Just can't help yourself can you?

Exactly. Just when you think someone might simply be posting something nice and optimistic... nah it's an excuse to have have a go at someone else. What a joyless existence some people lead
18 Comments
That must take amazing amounts of focus.
Smart girl and composure.
Wongy1106 m ago

and more....http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-41037805

smart and detrmined...no excuses just pure grit. They didn't even have to burn a police car.
davewave5 m ago

smart and detrmined...no excuses just pure grit. They didn't even have to …smart and detrmined...no excuses just pure grit. They didn't even have to burn a police car.

davewave44 m ago

smart and detrmined...no excuses just pure grit. They didn't even have to …smart and detrmined...no excuses just pure grit. They didn't even have to burn a police car.

Well said!
Destard46 m ago

Don't start with the personal attacks on me please.
Destard1 h, 43 m ago

Exactly. Just when you think someone might simply be posting something nice and optimistic... nah it's an excuse to have have a go at someone else. What a joyless existence some people lead
davewave2 h, 25 m ago

Don't start with the personal attacks on me please.

Rom and Destard can't help themselves, the political left all over matey. Bawling and crying when somebody disagrees with them. The kid did really well, took a great deal of bravery and she deserves to be proud of what she has achieved (most of the kids can't do it when they have nothing more pressing than a Facebook dislike to worry about).
Graham197942 m ago

Rom and Destard can't help themselves, the political left all over matey. …Rom and Destard can't help themselves, the political left all over matey. Bawling and crying when somebody disagrees with them. The kid did really well, took a great deal of bravery and she deserves to be proud of what she has achieved (most of the kids can't do it when they have nothing more pressing than a Facebook dislike to worry about).

You got it all turned round Gray, Dave's response was pure snowflake.
Rom1 h, 48 m ago

You got it all turned round Gray, Dave's response was pure snowflake.

Possibly but he has posted more deals than you so I take his side.
Well done to her she is a very determined girl who will go far in life I'm sure, her brother would have been so proud and I would like to congratulate her on her achievement a d wish her every success in the future.
Graham19794 h, 57 m ago

Rom and Destard can't help themselves, the political left all over matey. …Rom and Destard can't help themselves, the political left all over matey. Bawling and crying when somebody disagrees with them. The kid did really well, took a great deal of bravery and she deserves to be proud of what she has achieved (most of the kids can't do it when they have nothing more pressing than a Facebook dislike to worry about).

Why even bring politics into such a nice thread.
catbeans6 h, 5 m ago

Why even bring politics into such a nice thread.

Why even mention it?
Graham19791 h, 7 m ago

Why even mention it?

Why even mention people mentioning it?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants