Simply cdkeys

Found 12th Jun 2013
Just wondered what everyone else thinks about Simply cdkeys asking for a scan of your passport before the will confirm your order? Ordered some MS points from them yesterday and paid via Paypal only to receive an email from them asking for a scan of my passport, no chance. Cancelled the order. Just think people should be allowed to know this police BEFORE they take the order, prefferably in large red letters ;o)
Community Updates
Misc
12 Comments
is your PayPal verified?
Arcturas

is your PayPal verified?

Yes it is, I have looked on the net and found other people with same issue so it isn't just a one off. Have loads of online accounts with companies large and small and never been asked for anything like that.
Tell them you don't have a passport?
They would also accept a driving license and utility bill. No way to run an online business if you ask me, not that anyone ever does
I've never had them asking me for a passport photo, new policy?
winifer

I've never had them asking me for a passport photo, new policy?

Who knows? I have a good credit rating and have lived in the same house for 24 years so god knows why they felt the need to ask for a scan of my passport
Noj

Who knows? I have a good credit rating and have lived in the same house … Who knows? I have a good credit rating and have lived in the same house for 24 years so god knows why they felt the need to ask for a scan of my passport

Yeah that is a bit rubbish - bizarre.
Arcturas

Yeah that is a bit rubbish - bizarre.

Glad it wasn't just me who thought it was strange. If I was trying to buy weapons grade uranium I would understand but MS Points?????

Evil genius holds world to ransom with 4200 points from Microsoft. World blames Bill Gates X)
Edited by: "Noj" 12th Jun 2013
Don't do it it's a trap!!!!!!!!111
Tell them this isn't 1940s Nazi Germany and you won't produce your papers. Rise up against your fascist oppressors.

Personally I wouldn't do it do it because it's pretty big a security risk. Emails can be quite easily intercepted, there is likely no encryption, and you can't trust anyone to keep your data safe at the best of times.
That's exactly what I told them, they declined to respond
Although I didn't call them fascist opressors X)
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants