Simply Paving

Found 23rd May
Hi, can I ask if any hot deals members have used the above website. If so, what is your opinion. Thank you in advance.
Community Updates
Ask
4 Comments
I used them before. Very good service and price. They source the products directly from the manufacturer and schedule local delivery companies to collect and deliver. Delivery is kerb side drop using a pallet truck so ensure you have the space to do so. Materials come well packaged so out of 50+ 600x600 slabs we had about 5 damaged ones which still got used.
Is it better to buy own stones etc and find someone to put them? Or get someone to supply and fit? Any recommendations???
lighti17 h, 42 m ago

Is it better to buy own stones etc and find someone to put them? Or get …Is it better to buy own stones etc and find someone to put them? Or get someone to supply and fit? Any recommendations???

the job isnt difficult but you need to know what you are doing

1. you need 150mm dug below DPC if you are putting slabs next to your house wall
2. you need subbase
3. you either need sharp sand if your slabs are more than 30mm thick or cement base if below that
4. you need to lay them down under a small slope 1 in 60 for the water to drain
5. you may also need edging in form of sleepers or treated timber if you are suing sand instead of cement

look up Marshall's videos on how to do it
There is also a channel called The Carpanters Daughter

I personally prefer thicker slabs and using sand so if anything needs doing underneath you just pick them up
Edited by: "mattsk" 25th May
Thank you, I've seen some pavers on this site that are perfect and a really good price. Good to know about laying them, However I'll be getting someone else to lay them. Don't think I'd do a very level job.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions