Groups

Sims 3

Can anyone advise me if my laptop will run Sims 3 or can be relatively modified to do so?

Its a Dell Vostro with 1 gb ram (but room for 2gb) and amd athlon 64 X2.

The Sims 3 website says it needs -
    CPU: 2ghz Pentium4 Processor or Amd Athlon 2000+ Processor
    RAM: 1.5 GB of RAM
    GPU: 128mb Video Card (GeForce Go 6200 or Radeon 9600)

obviously i need more ram but is the other stuff ok?

Cheers for any help!

Minski

5 Comments

Yeh you'll be able to run it fine i reckon.

i gave another person the same link, ive used it.

]http//ww…est

never played a pc game before in my life but really fancy giving this game ago

it probs wont run at full res or with all bells and whistles on but it'll play.

i ran the test linked above on all our store's laptops incase anyone was wanting to buy a laptop for sims 3.
    only about 3 or 4 made the cut.

basically anything with an AMD or Intel dual core over 2ghz, 2-3 gb ram and an Nividia or ATI dedicated card capable of 256 dedicated ram, seemed to pass.

I dont know how accurate the test is cos the sims 3 site says that even intel mobile chipsets should handle it at lower res.

thesims3.com/gam…req

benhorne12;5393593

never played a pc game before in my life but really fancy giving this … never played a pc game before in my life but really fancy giving this game ago

Really? You've been missing out on some great games. While there are plenty out there that are just frivolous there are some that are just as good as the best books or films.

slackrat77;5394323

I dont know how accurate the test is cos the sims 3 site says that even … I dont know how accurate the test is cos the sims 3 site says that even intel mobile chipsets should handle it at lower res.

Last time I looked at it it wasn't very accurate, it just want on things like clock speed and memory amount rather than actual performance. The fact that you only found a few compatible laptops indicates that this is probably still the case. Anything on sale now, except maybe a couple of £250 machines and all netbooks, will meet the system requirements.

The two CPUs listed are 6-7 year old models, so any PC newer than 5-6 years old will meet that requirement.

The ram is straightforward, it's only the amount that matters.

The graphics card is the most difficult to decide since there's no simple number and the performance varies so widely age isn't a good indication either. However, for desktop users the list given is pretty comprehensive, and for laptop users there's a chart ]here, if your card is under or near the X3100 then your machine may struggle to run the game.

Original Poster

Thanks to everyone who replied, rep added ;-)
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …165410
      2. How dangerous is Donald trump?34222
      3. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread416014107
      4. Who's getting the Xbox X Scorpio? 60 day satisfaction1326

See more discussions