Found 6th Jun 2009
Really bad at computer specs, can someone tell me if my "HP Pavillion DV4000" will run the Sims 3? Rep for helpers, thanks.

6 Comments

[URL="www.thesims3.com/game/systemreq"]www.thesims3.com/game/systemreq[/URL]

systemrequirementslab.com/ref…est - just find sims 3 on the list and click "Can you run it?"

If it gets stuck on "Downloading" just go back and try again, normally loads the 2nd time for me.

Banned

What's all the who har about sims 3? doesn't look any different to sims 1!?

rwm24;5418706

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/referrer/srtest - just find sims 3 … http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/referrer/srtest - just find sims 3 on the list and click "Can you run it?"

Beware, that's not a very accurate site.

Giving a model number doesn't help I'm afraid since almost all laptop models have lots of specification variations.

You need to find out which graphics card your laptop has, if you download ]GPU-Z then that will tell you. Your laptop appears to be fairly old so if GPU-Z tells you that you've got any sort of intel graphics chip then it's not going to meet the system requirements for The Sims 3 (similarly for VIA/S3/SiS). If it's ATI or Nvidia you do have a chance of running it, but you'd have to let us know what model it is as well as the CPU and amount of memory your laptop has (]CPU-Z will tell you).

lumoruk;5418968

What's all the who har about sims 3? doesn't look any different to sims … What's all the who har about sims 3? doesn't look any different to sims 1!?

Have to agree. I am really disapointed. The graphics are pretty awful, very cartoonish.

Also the fast forward buttons in the game are really slow so I am spending ages waiting for things to happen or finish.

I can't be bothered with it anymore - a total waste of £30!

EndlessWaves;5421591

Beware, that's not a very accurate site. Giving a model number doesn't … Beware, that's not a very accurate site. Giving a model number doesn't help I'm afraid since almost all laptop models have lots of specification variations. You need to find out which graphics card your laptop has, if you download ]GPU-Z then that will tell you. Your laptop appears to be fairly old so if GPU-Z tells you that you've got any sort of intel graphics chip then it's not going to meet the system requirements for The Sims 3 (similarly for VIA/S3/SiS). If it's ATI or Nvidia you do have a chance of running it, but you'd have to let us know what model it is as well as the CPU and amount of memory your laptop has (]CPU-Z will tell you).

Well said although if the rest of the specs of the machine are pretty good, the game will run pretty satisfactorily on integrated graphics.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Smacking children is to be banned in Scotland3489
    2. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247667
    3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769606
    4. Add one, leave one game54415467

See more discussions