Groups

Sinclair ZX Spectrum computer (48K RAM) £119.95 @ Argos instore

Most of the high street stores have these at £129 but the Argos Winter 84 catalogue has them listed at less than £120! I remember when these were £175! HOT HOT HOT!

41 Comments

Original Poster

http://retromash.com/nash/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/argosspectrum.jpg

Banned

I had one.

Sat up all night writing a program, didn't work

hahaha

Editor

Why isn't this in deals? It does't need opinions it needs heat

What time do they open?

Original Poster

toshapetriji

I had one.Sat up all night writing a program, didn't workhahaha

I think you POKEd when you should have PEEKed. It runs ok on mine.

youtube.com/wat…aNg

Original Poster

BuzzDuraband

Why isn't this in deals? It does't need opinions it needs heat :DWhat … Why isn't this in deals? It does't need opinions it needs heat :DWhat time do they open?

I think there should be a dedicated forum for Home Computers sometimes I come on here and I get lost in all the Betamax tape 'deals' instore at John Menzies.

Editor

IamMT

I think there should be a dedicated forum for Home Computers sometimes I … I think there should be a dedicated forum for Home Computers sometimes I come on here and I get lost in all the Betamax tape 'deals' instore at John Menzies.

Not sure why that would be an issue for you, at least with the Betamax you knew you could watch whatever, whenever

http://s18.postimg.org/t8ka5ve49/betamax.jpg

Cold - Out of Stock everywhere except Dundee Although they've got a Timex Calculator watch in stock near me.

Banned

Amstrad CPC FTW

48k RAM? I don't think even NASA would need more than 2 of these systems X)

I thought this was an ancient, resurrected thread !! X)

I'll be at the front of the queue, with my Motorola flip (_;)

A stupid question but does anyone know if the Spectrum 48K come with the six starter games ?

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/ec/74/fe/ec74fe5aaf1337a4b7bc32996f2f724f.jpg

Editor

Monkeybumcheeks

I thought this was an ancient, resurrected thread !! X)I'll be at the … I thought this was an ancient, resurrected thread !! X)I'll be at the front of the queue, with my Motorola flip (_;)

Ah Motorola

Prize if any one can explain why 16384 is important to the spectrum

lumsdot

Not sure, but if I divide it by 128....I get 128 !!!!

Eat your heart out Vorderman !

Monkeybumcheeks

Not sure, but if I divide it by 128....I get 128 !!!!Eat your heart out … Not sure, but if I divide it by 128....I get 128 !!!!Eat your heart out Vorderman !

But that does not relate to spectrum

Editor

lumsdot

A quick Google tells me....

The unit of storage in memory is the byte (a number between 0 and 255), and each byte has an address (which is a number between 0 and 65535). The first number after CODE is the address of the first byte to be stored on tape, and the second is the number of bytes to be stored. In our case, 16384 is the address of the first byte in the display file (which contains the television picture) and 6912 is the number of bytes in it, so we are saving a copy of the television screen - try it. The name "picture" works just like the names for programs.

Please do enlighten.

Original Poster

lumsdot

Tsk! 4000 hex is the start of video memory

Banned

http://www.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article1334496.ece/alternates/s615b/Carol%20Vorderman

16384 is the address of the first byte in the display file

toshapetriji

I still would.

Banned

Monkeybumcheeks

I still would.

She would need to beg a bit.

Original Poster

nemesiz

A stupid question but does anyone know if the Spectrum 48K come with the … A stupid question but does anyone know if the Spectrum 48K come with the six starter games ?

Rumbelows have old stock with them but at the old price £175. You're best copying them at your mates - there is no copy protection on them at all! If you send me a SAE and a blank tape I'll do it for you.

Banned

I;m still using microdrives to back up all my important files

Rumbelows have old stock with them but at the old price £175. You're best … Rumbelows have old stock with them but at the old price £175. You're best copying them at your mates - there is no copy protection on them at all! If you send me a SAE and a blank tape I'll do it for you.

My mates lending me his tape deck, and I'll just pop into my local Woolworths and get a pack of C60 Cassettes. If you want I'll swap you a copy of Pyjamarama, Everyone's a Wally and Atic Atac.

Edited by: "nemesiz" 26th Dec 2014

10 for a=0 to 255
    20 poke 16384+a,a
    30 next a

Original Poster

nemesiz

My mates lending me his tape deck, and I'll just pop into my local … My mates lending me his tape deck, and I'll just pop into my local Woolworths and get a pack of C60 Cassettes. If you want I'll swap you a copy of Pyjamarama, Every One's a Wally and Atic Atac.

I've got Daley Thompson's Decathlon, Chuckie Egg and Lunar JetMan they'll all fit on a C15.

Original Poster

lumsdot

10 for a=0 to 25520 poke 16384+a,a30 next a

How have you managed to get that in lower case are you using a UDG?

http://a4.mzstatic.com/eu/r30/Purple/v4/88/20/ed/8820ed0a-304f-8ca7-b9ac-e09b1ccd98e8/screen480x480.jpeg

lumsdot

They dont make 'em like that any more.

A shame really, cos that would be right up Koreas street and easy to hack !

10 print "cock"
    20 goto 10
    run

Aaaah, the memories of the old days in WHSMITHS come flooding back (although they are a bit vague) !!

Manic Miner - one of the greatest platform games ever....

Ah, back when John Menzies was one of the places I'd shop for games

http://regmedia.co.uk/2012/01/04/zx_10.jpg

Monkeybumcheeks

10 print "cock"20 goto 10runAaaah, the memories of the old days in … 10 print "cock"20 goto 10runAaaah, the memories of the old days in WHSMITHS come flooding back (although they are a bit vague) !!

Excellent!

For anyone who wants to relive their childhood much more cheaply:
    hotukdeals.com/fre…564

strikerman

For anyone who wants to relive their childhood much more … For anyone who wants to relive their childhood much more cheaply:http://www.hotukdeals.com/freebies/over-200-zx-spectrum-games-play-free-your-browser-1787564

Here as well
    hotukdeals.com/mis…796

whatsThePoint

I;m still using microdrives to back up all my important files

I'm still using servants

lumsdot

10 for a=0 to 25520 poke 16384+a,a30 next a

LD HL,4000
    XOR A
    LD B,FF
    LP1:
    LD (HL),A
    INC HL
    INC A
    DJNZ LP1
    RET

For anyone who wants to relive their childhood much more … For anyone who wants to relive their childhood much more cheaply:http://www.hotukdeals.com/freebies/over-200-zx-spectrum-games-play-free-your-browser-1787564

What is a browser? Does this work on an Atari 2600 or the Binatone TV Master? Do I transfer it on to a tape and then load it on a ZX Spectrum? Sorry too complicated.

I've got Daley Thompson's Decathlon, Chuckie Egg and Lunar JetMan they'll … I've got Daley Thompson's Decathlon, Chuckie Egg and Lunar JetMan they'll all fit on a C15.

Got Daley Thompson's Decathlon, but broken my Kempston Pro Joystick again . Might be interested in Jetman, although I've just got hold of Atic Atic, Knightlore, Sabre Wulf from my Aunty. Can't wait when the Stamper brothers release Mire Mare. Just reading my Christmas copy of Crash magazine and listening to Do they know it's Christmas by Band Aid.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Which SSD drive I need to replace my current HD410
      2. Cool kettle Bosch kettle cashback won't work. Help!34
      3. Working conditions, workers rights. Standing at work causing pain. Is this …610
      4. Speccing a gaming pc49

See more discussions