Expired

Singapore post

LocalFound 22nd May 2017
Hi. Quick question,
Im planing to make a purchase worth £330+ on AliExpress. The seller will ship my items via Singapore post, however, the fee for dhl is £90 for some reason, so the seller said they'll ship via Singapore as it's cheaper. Does anyone know if Singapore post is fully tracked? I don't want to lose out on £330+. I'm thinking, shall I pay the £90 for DHL or take my chances with Singapore post. Above all, is Singapore post fully tracked, I.e China to United Kingdom? If anyone knows the answers, I'd be very grateful as it'll save me £90.
Community Updates
15 Comments
On the occasions that I've purchased items from China via Gearbest and used Singapore Post, a tracking number has always been provided. When it comes to tracking the parcel itself, that can be undertaken by Singapore Post own website, 17track.net or Royal Mail, the later of which will deliver your parcel once it arrives in the UK.

You have to make sure they provide you with a tracking number. A point to note also, is that DHL will be quicker in terms of delivery time and you will be subject to import duties due to the value of the item.
Original Poster
uk3g

On the occasions that I've purchased items from China via Gearbest and … On the occasions that I've purchased items from China via Gearbest and used Singapore Post, a tracking number has always been provided. When it comes to tracking the parcel itself, that can be undertaken by Singapore Post own website, 17track.net or Royal Mail, the later of which will deliver your parcel once it arrives in the UK.You have to make sure they provide you with a tracking number. A point to note also, is that DHL will be quicker in terms of delivery time and you will be subject to import duties due to the value of the item.

Thank you very much for your reply. I know DHL would be quicker, however it's £90 + the guaranteed chance of getting taxed. Whereas, with Singapore post chances are limited unless inspected. Moreover, I've used Singapore and China couple years ago, around 2014-2015, for some reason, once the items in the United Kingdom, it stops tracking? Can I pay additional for it to be full fracked and signed for when in the hands of Royal Mail.
In either case I would suggest to pay by either PayPal or credit card for your protection
Ka11ran

Thank you very much for your reply. I know DHL would be quicker, however … Thank you very much for your reply. I know DHL would be quicker, however it's £90 + the guaranteed chance of getting taxed. Whereas, with Singapore post chances are limited unless inspected. Moreover, I've used Singapore and China couple years ago, around 2014-2015, for some reason, once the items in the United Kingdom, it stops tracking? Can I pay additional for it to be full fracked and signed for when in the hands of Royal Mail.

I had a quick look at the last 3 purchases I've made this year from China. All were sent using there free shipping, in this case Singapore Post and I was required to sign for each one and was able to track them as mentioned prior.

I'm not entirely sure whether you can pay any additional sums in order to guarantee your item is tracked in the UK but you may be able to take out insurance to provide cover if the package gets lost or damaged. Aliexpress may have that as an option.
My last item with Singapore post came a week or so ago and the tracking still says "Arrive at destination country", if I try the number on the Royal Mail site it says "Latest update: Information on your Royal Mail Signed For™ item is not yet available". I didn't have to sign for it though, the post man just pushed it through.

Not a major issue for me as Aliexpress has always refunded when tracking shows something hasn't arrived (I had an item stuck at Heathrow that never left).
Original Poster
dcx_badass

My last item with Singapore post came a week or so ago and the tracking … My last item with Singapore post came a week or so ago and the tracking still says "Arrive at destination country", if I try the number on the Royal Mail site it says "Latest update: Information on your Royal Mail Signed For™ item is not yet available". I didn't have to sign for it though, the post man just pushed it through.Not a major issue for me as Aliexpress has always refunded when tracking shows something hasn't arrived (I had an item stuck at Heathrow that never left).

Thanks for replying; AliExpress does not accept Paypal, it goes via their own payment processor, when I click,
"I've received my item" then the funds get released for the seller. I'll use my credit card to make the purchase, regardless, thanks for your answer.

Thanks for checking and replying. I've messaged the seller and ask just waiting for their reply, they'd said to ask Royal Mail, which I called up and that said they cannot track international lol. Even those I know this isn't the case - most probably got a advisor who's less knowledgable or just didn't want spare time to find out.

Thanks for replying. That is why I wanted to ensure it's fully tracked. I do not want to wait 4-5 months for my refund, let alone £300+ stuck. I'd rather have paid additional for guaranteed deliver within the United Kingdom.

[[/i]Never less, thank you all for contributing and helping me answer my question. I'll just wait for the seller to reply and dispatch my item via Singapore post and hope it arrives in good condition and fully tracked. Once again than you
Original Poster
iibdii

In either case I would suggest to pay by either PayPal or credit card for … In either case I would suggest to pay by either PayPal or credit card for your protection

Thanks for replying; AliExpress does not accept Paypal, it goes via their own payment processor, when I click,
"I've received my item" then the funds get released for the seller. I'll use my credit card to make the purchase, regardless, thanks for your answer.
Original Poster
uk3g

I had a quick look at the last 3 purchases I've made this year from … I had a quick look at the last 3 purchases I've made this year from China. All were sent using there free shipping, in this case Singapore Post and I was required to sign for each one and was able to track them as mentioned prior.I'm not entirely sure whether you can pay any additional sums in order to guarantee your item is tracked in the UK but you may be able to take out insurance to provide cover if the package gets lost or damaged. Aliexpress may have that as an option.

hanks for checking and replying. I've messaged the seller and ask just waiting for their reply, they'd said to ask Royal Mail, which I called up and that said they cannot track international lol. Even those I know this isn't the case - most probably got a advisor who's less knowledgable or just didn't want spare time to find out.
Original Poster
Sorry mods for many post; won't let me quote all and edit it on IPhone application.
The seller will declare $30 and gift; in the UK it states, gift greater than £39 will be subject to custom fees, so for $30 I'll not be paying any fees?
Ka11ran

Sorry mods for many post; won't let me quote all and edit it on IPhone … Sorry mods for many post; won't let me quote all and edit it on IPhone application. The seller will declare $30 and gift; in the UK it states, gift greater than £39 will be subject to custom fees, so for $30 I'll not be paying any fees?

You won't unless you're very unlucky and Singapore post is reliable and one of the quicker options from China
Edited by: "Cr0m" 22nd May 2017
Original Poster
Rom

You won't unless you're very unlucky and Singapore post is reliable and … You won't unless you're very unlucky and Singapore post is reliable and one of the quicker options from China

Thanks for replying. Lol just hope it doesn't get strictly inspected eh.

I'm gonna pay with my credit card, however, it'll take 30+ days to arrive the seller had said 45-60 days. That means I'll need to pay my card off?
Ka11ran

Thanks for replying. Lol just hope it doesn't get strictly inspected eh. … Thanks for replying. Lol just hope it doesn't get strictly inspected eh. I'm gonna pay with my credit card, however, it'll take 30+ days to arrive the seller had said 45-60 days. That means I'll need to pay my card off?

Hopefully pinch of salt with those times, I've had many lowish value items from China via Singapore post and the average is about 2 weeks I think. Recently had a phone delivered in 10 days, no fees. Good luck

Registered Airmail via Singapore Post typically 6 to 20 business according to a site I use a lot

Edited by: "Cr0m" 22nd May 2017
Original Poster
Rom

Hopefully pinch of salt with those times, I've had many lowish value … Hopefully pinch of salt with those times, I've had many lowish value items from China via Singapore post and the average is about 2 weeks I think. Recently had a phone delivered in 10 days, no fees. Good luck Registered Airmail via Singapore Post typically 6 to 20 business according to a site I use a lot

Thanks for your input. Did your phone and other items come fully tracked? And delivered via royal mail. Thanks.
Original Poster
Just to update. Ive purchased and the seller had dispatched my order via Singapore post. Hope it arrives soon, with no additional duty charges. Lol.

Will update once received.
Ka11ran

Just to update. Ive purchased and the seller had dispatched my order via … Just to update. Ive purchased and the seller had dispatched my order via Singapore post. Hope it arrives soon, with no additional duty charges. Lol. Will update once received.

Hi,
any news from your parcel?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions