Single camera CCTV help

Found 30th Mar
I know this is asked reasonably often but it seems people are looking beyond my scope so any help is greatly appreciated .

I need a single camera cctv setup just to watch over my motorbike since someone pushed it over (quite probably my neighbour). I'm looking for a budget solution.

I have seen this;

amazon.co.uk/gp/…5I/

I only really need enough memory for one night and clarity out to max 6 metres through a window, is 720p enough detail?
Community Updates
Ask
6 Comments
Did you read the reviews ? You would need a hard drive also..
artnada33 m ago

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0743BVL2C?tag=ho01f-21&th=1£53 at the moment …https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0743BVL2C?tag=ho01f-21&th=1£53 at the moment but often it is on offer.Lots of info herehttps://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/yi-dome-camera-1080p-hd-wireless-ip-security-surveillance-system-pantiltzoom-night-vision-cloud-service-3999-black-white-sold-by-yi-official-store-uk-and-fulfilled-by-amazon-2906871#thread-comments

Thanks I can't see how it records footage though?

snoopy181 h, 4 m ago

Did you read the reviews ? You would need a hard drive also..

That's not an issue I always have a few lying around.
It records via sd card or online via their cloud service. I have 4 of them and subscribe to the cloud service.
"Through a window" may be a limiting factor and implies no desire / option to have cable(s) passing through a wall. Need nightvision? Any camera with integral IR nightvision and located in front of a window will simply have its IR reflected back into the lens and "white-out" the captured image. Solution would be to place an IR floodlight outside (but same cable-through-wall issue) or possibly mount the IR floodlight against the window a short distance from the camera to avoid IR reflection, although positioning of the camera itself would still require adjustment to reduce possibility of the camera body being reflected into lens.
Example of IR floodlight at around £16 inc the suggested power supply: amazon.co.uk/dp/…24/
Continuous recording or motion-triggered? Simple (aka cheapest) storage for an internally-located camera would be on the camera itself, typically midrcoSD card; option for cloud if web-connected. Real-time alerts or remote access will require web-connection; wired or wifi to suit the cam. Most cams will offer motion detection, possibly consider ones that have option of PIR-triggered motion detection to minimise false triggers caused by rain / leaves / any random passing light passing through area (vehicle headlight beam, etc) - although not important if simple record of events is required rather than real-time alerts. If using a web-connected on-camera-storage solution, check the features of the control app / software; some have great features, some are clunky / rubbish, some have remote viewers for Windows operating systems, some don't. Example of fully-featured app for Sannce cams at play.google.com/sto…=en and same features are available via remote access via Windows. Consider an ONVIF-supported camera if you want maximum flexibility.
AndyRoyd6 h, 56 m ago

"Through a window" may be a limiting factor and implies no desire / …"Through a window" may be a limiting factor and implies no desire / option to have cable(s) passing through a wall. Need nightvision? Any camera with integral IR nightvision and located in front of a window will simply have its IR reflected back into the lens and "white-out" the captured image. Solution would be to place an IR floodlight outside (but same cable-through-wall issue) or possibly mount the IR floodlight against the window a short distance from the camera to avoid IR reflection, although positioning of the camera itself would still require adjustment to reduce possibility of the camera body being reflected into lens. Example of IR floodlight at around £16 inc the suggested power supply: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01D73XM24/Continuous recording or motion-triggered? Simple (aka cheapest) storage for an internally-located camera would be on the camera itself, typically midrcoSD card; option for cloud if web-connected. Real-time alerts or remote access will require web-connection; wired or wifi to suit the cam. Most cams will offer motion detection, possibly consider ones that have option of PIR-triggered motion detection to minimise false triggers caused by rain / leaves / any random passing light passing through area (vehicle headlight beam, etc) - although not important if simple record of events is required rather than real-time alerts. If using a web-connected on-camera-storage solution, check the features of the control app / software; some have great features, some are clunky / rubbish, some have remote viewers for Windows operating systems, some don't. Example of fully-featured app for Sannce cams at https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=kean.p2pipcam&hl=en and same features are available via remote access via Windows. Consider an ONVIF-supported camera if you want maximum flexibility.

Thanks SD sounds perfect for my needs.
AndyRoyd6 h, 56 m ago

"Through a window" may be a limiting factor and implies no desire / …"Through a window" may be a limiting factor and implies no desire / option to have cable(s) passing through a wall. Need nightvision? Any camera with integral IR nightvision and located in front of a window will simply have its IR reflected back into the lens and "white-out" the captured image. Solution would be to place an IR floodlight outside (but same cable-through-wall issue) or possibly mount the IR floodlight against the window a short distance from the camera to avoid IR reflection, although positioning of the camera itself would still require adjustment to reduce possibility of the camera body being reflected into lens. Example of IR floodlight at around £16 inc the suggested power supply: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01D73XM24/Continuous recording or motion-triggered? Simple (aka cheapest) storage for an internally-located camera would be on the camera itself, typically midrcoSD card; option for cloud if web-connected. Real-time alerts or remote access will require web-connection; wired or wifi to suit the cam. Most cams will offer motion detection, possibly consider ones that have option of PIR-triggered motion detection to minimise false triggers caused by rain / leaves / any random passing light passing through area (vehicle headlight beam, etc) - although not important if simple record of events is required rather than real-time alerts. If using a web-connected on-camera-storage solution, check the features of the control app / software; some have great features, some are clunky / rubbish, some have remote viewers for Windows operating systems, some don't. Example of fully-featured app for Sannce cams at https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=kean.p2pipcam&hl=en and same features are available via remote access via Windows. Consider an ONVIF-supported camera if you want maximum flexibility.

Thanks for the info.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants