single mattress - can you recommend a good value one?

Posted 8th May
The recommended ones in Which? and Good Housekeeping tend to be over £300 I was hoping to spend half that.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

7 Comments
Ikea pocket sprung are decent.
Sam22308/05/2020 21:18

Was going to suggest the same...have a couple of the Hovag £129 from Ikea
Sam22308/05/2020 21:18

Are they not a different size from most mattresses, though?
mccririck08/05/2020 21:51

Are they not a different size from most mattresses, though?

They do both EU and UK sizes. I found the double HOVAG quite decent, though when trying the two different firmnesses in store I couldn't tell the difference!
Virtually all of their mattresses come in UK sizes. You want “standard single”. They do good protectors too. im pretty sure they allow you to replace or refund if unhappy with it (double check that). Besides that you’ll find open coil ones for around that price which wont be as good. On ebay you’ll find ones that sell very well for good prices. They look good and are thick and plump when they come, but will be sagging quickly.
someone recommended me the dormeo, at Costco
deleted341252
I found a shop that manufactured medical mattresses and asked them if they had second I could buy.
Got a £500 mattress for £125 as had 1 cm missing from the corner!!!
Brand new just slight manufacturing problem.

Used to sell mattresses 15 years ago and the smaller furniture shops had such cheaper prices than the bigger bed shops.
Not sure where you are but check the local shops first as you can feel them there and try them out before buying.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions