Groups

single parents & dating

thought would see what the view on this was as I'm finding it a nightmare, any other single parents on hear and how hard do/did you find it to get back in to dating. single now for best part off five years can never get out in the eve so only people really meet are parents at school which is little village so most attached or to close to home if things don't work..tried loads of dating sites but just doesn't seem to work all miles away or little man scares them off lol. any friendly advice you can all give would be great..thanks.

51 Comments

are you working ? or do you have any spare time in the day as you could do something u are interested in a group or hobby xx

Keep your "little man" in your trousers..LOL.
    At least for the first date :whistling:

not another dating thread

rockyfella;2050646

Keep your "little man" in your trousers..LOL.At least for the first date … Keep your "little man" in your trousers..LOL.At least for the first date :whistling:

lollllllllll :roll:

jasonrat;2050666

not another dating thread

well u must be interested you read it :whistling:

I have been single for 5 years with two children and never really come across anyone I like. My relationships are disasterous.

Original Poster

rockyfella;2050646

Keep your "little man" in your trousers..LOL.At least for the first date … Keep your "little man" in your trousers..LOL.At least for the first date :whistling:

pmsl... will keep that one in mind...:thumbsup:

When you least expect it you'll meet someone special

Original Poster

mostwanteddirect;2050641

are you working ? or do you have any spare time in the day as you could … are you working ? or do you have any spare time in the day as you could do something u are interested in a group or hobby xx

neo just started full time school so started to have more time now but most groups all mums tend to feel out off place..:oops:

I use prostitutes, they are maligned but definitely necessary when "Times are hard".

thesaint;2050798

I use prostitutes, they are maligned but definitely necessary when "Times … I use prostitutes, they are maligned but definitely necessary when "Times are hard".

that doesn't surprise me...

try facebook a solution to everyones problems on here

someone i know has been with lots of birds on there

Original Poster

jasonrat;2050823

someone i know has been with lots of birds on there

getting to old for loads just the one will do..

Original Poster

thesaint;2050798

I use prostitutes, they are maligned but definitely necessary when "Times … I use prostitutes, they are maligned but definitely necessary when "Times are hard".

lol couldn't afford them if i wanted to..

take ur pick then

its not easy being a single parent and getting into dating, i have 3 and i think esp on the net this puts people off :-( my only hope is meeting someone in the flesh and them liking me first ( tough ask there!) = then not minding my baggage

- then theres the other side, my kids are the most important factor and when thinking bout dating i have to put them first and introducing new 'friends' is a big step for me

good luck though

Banned

I have been single for a year or too now, and to be honest i am not interested in being with anybody, my kids come first and at the moment any free time i have away from them i enjoy doing my own thing, i dont get much spare time in the evening as by the time the house comes to a still i cant be bothered to do anything let alone entertain someone else

Original Poster

loupomm;2051054

its not easy being a single parent and getting into dating, i have 3 and … its not easy being a single parent and getting into dating, i have 3 and i think esp on the net this puts people off :-( my only hope is meeting someone in the flesh and them liking me first ( tough ask there!) = then not minding my baggage - then theres the other side, my kids are the most important factor and when thinking bout dating i have to put them first and introducing new 'friends' is a big step for me good luck though

yes no what you mean i think if someone comes to house and if neo likes them then they go again its not fair. don't want to put him through any more than he's been through guess thats the big prob as parents we put the kids first...thanks and good luck to you to..:)

sassie;2051083

I have been single for a year or too now, and to be honest i am not … I have been single for a year or too now, and to be honest i am not interested in being with anybody, my kids come first and at the moment any free time i have away from them i enjoy doing my own thing, i dont get much spare time in the evening as by the time the house comes to a still i cant be bothered to do anything let alone entertain someone else

glad your happy i am too but theres room for both :-D, everyone is different i guess, of course my kids come first, but i do miss company sometimes, and handled right theres no reason it has to be one or the other, but its on my terms in future and im in no hurry :thumbsup:

Original Poster

sassie;2051083

I have been single for a year or too now, and to be honest i am not … I have been single for a year or too now, and to be honest i am not interested in being with anybody, my kids come first and at the moment any free time i have away from them i enjoy doing my own thing, i dont get much spare time in the evening as by the time the house comes to a still i cant be bothered to do anything let alone entertain someone else

can understand that felt the same for along time but would be nice to have a adult cuddle once the kids in bed...and someone else to put the kettle on lol

justneo;2051144

can understand that felt the same for along time but would be nice to … can understand that felt the same for along time but would be nice to have a adult cuddle once the kids in bed...and someone else to put the kettle on lol

exactly,putting kids first is the right thing to do and every decent parent would , just remember we as people need to be happy too, so if its what you want keep looking, if its meant to be you will find the perfect partner :-D

Banned

loupomm;2051130

glad your happy i am too but theres room for both :-D, everyone is … glad your happy i am too but theres room for both :-D, everyone is different i guess, of course my kids come first, but i do miss company sometimes, and handled right theres no reason it has to be one or the other, but its on my terms in future and im in no hurry :thumbsup:

I am happier now than i was in my last relationship (obviously) although i do miss the ermmmm, you know what i mean - lol
    justneo;2051144

can understand that felt the same for along time but would be nice to … can understand that felt the same for along time but would be nice to have a adult cuddle once the kids in bed...and someone else to put the kettle on lol

Nah, dont fancy giving up any of my free time at the mo, i mean how would hukd cope without me

see now any fella of mine would have to accept my free time, from hukd to my nights out with the girls mind you he could tag along if he wanted, always in need of a waiter :giggle:

loupomm;2051244

see now any fella of mine would have to accept my free time, from hukd to … see now any fella of mine would have to accept my free time, from hukd to my nights out with the girls mind you he could tag along if he wanted, always in need of a waiter :giggle:

and now we have worked out where we are going wrong we might find some sooner than we think

tracy013;2051273

and now we have worked out where we are going wrong we might find some … and now we have worked out where we are going wrong we might find some sooner than we think

ooohhhh what you got planned?

:w00t:

Original Poster

dcx_badass;2051249

justneo, do you look after him full time?

sure do been on our own since he was about four months old...

where do you live neo?

and no im not hitting on him guys! thought if we knew his area we could suggest places

loupomm;2051283

ooohhhh what you got planned?:w00t:

lol well we were doing fine on sunday :whistling:

Original Poster

dcx_badass;2051302

Ah k, does his mum ever have him? And good luck on the dating front!

no never had him over night comes once a month if we lucky..long story.. thanks:thumbsup:

Make sure Neo joins all the groups going in school, get involved where you can. PTA's, functions etc. Volanteer to help.
    There will be other single parents, of the opposite sex, hoping to meet a new friend...Let them find you.

Original Poster

loupomm;2051312

where do you live neo?and no im not hitting on him guys! thought if we … where do you live neo?and no im not hitting on him guys! thought if we knew his area we could suggest places

i'm in oxford....ohhh and thought me luck was in then lol..:)

Banned

so why cant you get out at night:?

Banned

ok just ignore the dim wit in the corner, missed a post:oops:

rockyfella;2051339

Make sure Neo joins all the groups going in school, get involved where … Make sure Neo joins all the groups going in school, get involved where you can. PTA's, functions etc. Volanteer to help.There will be other single parents, of the opposite sex, hoping to meet a new friend...Let them find you.

how do u know he wants ot meet a person of the oposite sex

rockyfella;2051339

Make sure Neo joins all the groups going in school, get involved where … Make sure Neo joins all the groups going in school, get involved where you can. PTA's, functions etc. Volanteer to help.There will be other single parents, of the opposite sex, hoping to meet a new friend...Let them find you.

good advice

speed dating? dont laugh, it can be fun if you dont take it too seriously and you never know!!

part time course?

Original Poster

loupomm;2051419

good advice :)speed dating? dont laugh, it can be fun if you dont take it … good advice :)speed dating? dont laugh, it can be fun if you dont take it too seriously and you never know!!part time course?

rockyfella;2051339

good idea just need the confidence to go along to all these things but will have to look into that..thanks:thumbsup:

a piece of advice though, if you go speed dating..... dont fall over in the middle of the room, its not cool :roll:

loupomm;2051511

a piece of advice though, if you go speed dating..... dont fall over in … a piece of advice though, if you go speed dating..... dont fall over in the middle of the room, its not cool :roll:

and don't get drunk before you go it does NOT help

Dude, forget about finding the love of your life, go and visit the local bike, every village has a female that isn't fussy.

Or save up your child benefit, go to a big city and visit a massage parlour.

It's no longer the 90's, sensitive man is out.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …4682219
      2. What is there free to do in your town?2545
      3. Back to school: what's your views on your kids uniform and piercing rules e…27121
      4. Sky Fibre Max44

See more discussions