Groups

Single People

Looking to travel alone and wondering what places would be suitable for a single person. I'm in my late 40s and have never travelled alone for holidays.

Looking for a relaxing break, anywhere not too expensive for a week before October half term.

Thanks and have a lovely day people

18 Comments

Have a wee look at "Saga" holidays, also many cruise ;lines have single cabins and a cruise is a great way to enjoy a trip even if you are single as there are so many opportunities to mingle.

Original Poster

cheers mousey but isn't that for the over 50s?

Do you prefer to travel alone or would u rather be in a group? Think there are some websites for fellow lone travellers to link up

I'm in my mid 40's and have gone away on my own for a small holiday for the last few years, as my Girlfriend is scared of flying.

Just book flights and hotel separate. This avoids the package holidays single person supplement.

I've done Rome, Venice, Barcelona, Malaga.

Rome is amazing, so much to do.

Can be done on a budget if you're flexible on flights and not fussy with hotels.

I remember reading about coach tours to Europe for single people.

ryanair has some cheap flights to sweden...ive been looking at hostels as a cheaf alternative accommodation to trave alone...goteburgs really nice for a short trip...or stockholm!

Original Poster

thanks all. I think bobbajob makes sense about booking separately.

Benidorm, plenty to do and a cert to get laid.

Spain as the food is delicious and weather good.
    You can pootle about and do what you want.
    Look into airbnb and renting a one bedroomed apartment so you don't have the ridiculous single occupancy premiums the holiday hotels charge.

Have a look around Europe and use AirBnB for cheap accomodation - I'd love to do this - now I'm not married anymore, I might just do it. Enjoy!

Original Poster

haha. Looks like Spain it is then.

bigdaddyohno

haha. Looks like Spain it is then.

Barcelona is great. Make sure you have good walking shoes.

Its an amazing city, with miles of beach.

Berlin. Free walking tours in groups, lots to do, cheap and I know people turn their nose up at hostels like I use to but check out The Generator hostels. They have hostels in other countries as well

Original Poster

rubbertoe123

Berlin. Free walking tours in groups, lots to do, cheap and I know … Berlin. Free walking tours in groups, lots to do, cheap and I know people turn their nose up at hostels like I use to but check out The Generator hostels. They have hostels in other countries as well

Having a look at Generator Hostels now

Bobbajob

Barcelona is great. Make sure you have good walking shoes.Its an amazing … Barcelona is great. Make sure you have good walking shoes.Its an amazing city, with miles of beach.

And hundreds of pickpockets ! Watch your stuff in barcelona

moob

Have a look around Europe and use AirBnB for cheap accomodation - I'd … Have a look around Europe and use AirBnB for cheap accomodation - I'd love to do this - now I'm not married anymore, I might just do it. Enjoy!

Sorry to hear that

Original Poster

psychobitchfromhell

And hundreds of pickpockets ! Watch your stuff in barcelona

​hmm..cheers debz

Original Poster

how about the canaries? haven't been there yet. just exploring all different options.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Ripped off by GearBest, VERY ANGRY!1719
      2. Iptv1228
      3. Music download79
      4. FedEx sent me a Duty & Tax Invoice - Advice needed67

See more discussions