hotukdeals.com/sin…day

Can we also have
a couples day?
a widowers day?
a LGBT day?
A unhappily married day?
A happily married day?
An alien day?

and just for the odd member something like (so not to exclude other types)
"A dog stole a picnic when not on leash day"

When will it end?
Yes I know the deals won't exclude anyone from buying but come on where is the common sense that this sort of "publicity" is acceptable.
Community Updates
  1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
Top comments
Another post from someone annoyed about something that doesn't matter.
Original Poster
psychobitchfromhell4 m ago

It isn't singles day, it is armistice day. End of.

But the SJW and millennials and PC Brigade don't want to remember wars and give their thanks to those that gave their lives and those that gave their kin for the freedoms they have now.

All they care about is themselves.
82 Comments
Lesbian Lover day
Link
Edited by: "MR1123" 10th Nov 2017
Not sure why you are so surprised Phil
it was on here last year
eslick9 m ago

Created by a Chinese retailer, supposed to celebrate single but created by …Created by a Chinese retailer, supposed to celebrate single but created by a retailer means.....http://fortune.com/2017/11/10/what-is-singles-day/

ts not created by a retailer, it was created by universities and grew from there, of course businesses hijacked it. Also its not a celebration of being single at all, what a junk article.

we have days for everything Phil so if people want to have one for singles in China why not.
projectbritain.com/spe…htm
Edited by: "catbeans" 10th Nov 2017
catbeans2 m ago

ts not created by a retailer, it was created by universities and grew from …ts not created by a retailer, it was created by universities and grew from there, of course businesses hijacked it.we have days for everything Phil so if people want to have one for singles in China why not. http://projectbritain.com/specialdays/november.htm

I read the article wrong.
Original Poster

But the SJW and millennials and PC Brigade don't want to remember wars and give their thanks to those that gave their lives and those that gave their kin for the freedoms they have now.

All they care about is themselves.
philphil611 m ago

But the SJW and millennials and PC Brigade don't want to remember wars and …But the SJW and millennials and PC Brigade don't want to remember wars and give their thanks to those that gave their lives and those that gave their kin for the freedoms they have now. All they care about is themselves.

And we are both old and grumpy
Original Poster
psychobitchfromhell6 m ago

I wouldn't say you are old as that, for me, is disrespectful

I wouldn't say I'm grumpy unless you class being wise, experienced and educated in life as being grumpy
Phil, I understand this is a foreign event.
psychobitchfromhell7 m ago

I'm becoming old and grumpy

I do wonder what they teach history-wise in schools these days with everything being so PC
philphil613 m ago

I wouldn't say you are old as that, for me, is disrespectful I …I wouldn't say you are old as that, for me, is disrespectful I wouldn't say I'm grumpy unless you class being wise, experienced and educated in life as being grumpy

I'm grumpy today. Feeling very sorry for myself today and the last thing I need is to be reminded I'm single
oli_1_uk3 m ago

I'm becoming old and grumpy I do wonder what they teach history-wise in …I'm becoming old and grumpy I do wonder what they teach history-wise in schools these days with everything being so PC

Dunno but they let them use calculators and new fangled stuff. What's wrong with those little shells ?
Original Poster
Destard4 m ago

Phil, I understand this is a foreign event.

OK but why is it here (included on HUKD) we live in the UK/Europe and yes we buy globally

My point is in today's era everyone has to act responsibly and not upset specific race/gender/identities

And yet we allow "A singles day" but not any other "day"
Original Poster
psychobitchfromhell5 m ago

I'm grumpy today. Feeling very sorry for myself today and the last thing I …I'm grumpy today. Feeling very sorry for myself today and the last thing I need is to be reminded I'm single

My sincere apologies (only old people will understand and accept that as a heartfelt apology with meaning)

I'm not here to upset anyone but to challenge current political correctness.

It's gone mad
The world has gone mad I say
fail to see what this has got to do with armistice day
but i guess some ppl love something to moan about
what next ban ppl born on 11-11 from celebrating their birthday ?
Edited by: "mattmerch" 10th Nov 2017
philphil614 m ago

My sincere apologies (only old people will understand and accept that as a …My sincere apologies (only old people will understand and accept that as a heartfelt apology with meaning)I'm not here to upset anyone but to challenge current political correctness.It's gone mad The world has gone mad I say

I totally agree. Was having this discussion the other day with my kid, trying to explain why Halloween wasn't happy too. The world is going mad
philphil619 m ago

OK but why is it here (included on HUKD) we live in the UK/Europe and yes …OK but why is it here (included on HUKD) we live in the UK/Europe and yes we buy globallyMy point is in today's era everyone has to act responsibly and not upset specific race/gender/identities And yet we allow "A singles day" but not any other "day"

You mean like Valentine's day, or the various pride events across the globe?
Original Poster
RossD893 m ago

You mean like Valentine's day, or the various pride events across the …You mean like Valentine's day, or the various pride events across the globe?

Show me a specific sales event for couples, widows/widowers, LGBT, aliens etc etc

For that is what the topic is about
philphil615 m ago

Show me a specific sales event for couples, widows/widowers, LGBT, aliens …Show me a specific sales event for couples, widows/widowers, LGBT, aliens etc etcFor that is what the topic is about

I honestly don't see why it's important or why anybody would care, so I'm out.
The irony of people in this thread asking “what they teach in schools these days”..... the question is what were they teaching at school in your day....

Cliche classes were frequent I assume....

Lesson one

“PC Brigade” - use this liberally and frequently when anything is done you don’t like or understand
joanddan714 m ago

The irony of people in this thread asking “what they teach in schools t …The irony of people in this thread asking “what they teach in schools these days”..... the question is what were they teaching at school in your day.... Cliche classes were frequent I assume.... Lesson one“PC Brigade” - use this liberally and frequently when anything is done you don’t like or understand

I did Latin. It was considered a modern language back in those days
CoeK26 m ago

some ppl are not happy until they can find something to moan about
these ppl put 2+2 together and make 5
but at least it makes them fell better
Edited by: "mattmerch" 10th Nov 2017
mattmerch3 m ago

some ppl are not happy until they can find something to moan aboutthese …some ppl are not happy until they can find something to moan aboutthese ppl put 2+2 together and make 5 but at least it makes them fell better

That's what they teach kids these days. 2+2=4 communist sums.
haven't we already got a singles day? it's called valentines day
@mutley1 I thought you'd be championing op's odd member suggestion
How about a "good, decent and respecting human" day?
psychobitchfromhell1 h, 50 m ago

I'm grumpy today. Feeling very sorry for myself today and the last thing I …I'm grumpy today. Feeling very sorry for myself today and the last thing I need is to be reminded I'm single

Where is that singles thread again here? HUKDD's? Hot UK deals dating has a nice ring to it. We could do dates with discounted restaurants, discounted experiences and then if it went well always discounts going for those "adult products".
Steps away slowly to start reading flirting 101.
Toptrumpet22 m ago

@mutley1 I thought you'd be championing op's odd member suggestion

don't want to encourage dogs to steal picnics
mutley12 m ago

don't want to encourage dogs to steal picnics

Obviously prefers Tesco party food to M&S.
psychobitchfromhell2 h, 3 m ago

sometimes i wish i was single, at least then i would get some peace and quiet and get the house to myself!
mutley134 m ago

sometimes i wish i was single, at least then i would get some peace and …sometimes i wish i was single, at least then i would get some peace and quiet and get the house to myself!

You wouldn't enjoy my method of getting single though. CPR is a lot harder than it looks on casualty and funerals are damned expensive
psychobitchfromhell3 m ago

You wouldn't enjoy my method of getting single though. CPR is a lot harder …You wouldn't enjoy my method of getting single though. CPR is a lot harder than it looks on casualty and funerals are damned expensive

have you thought about dating again? i was never happy being single so always wanted to be in a relationship but then when i was in a relationship, i wanted to be single. lol
mutley18 m ago

have you thought about dating again? i was never happy being single so …have you thought about dating again? i was never happy being single so always wanted to be in a relationship but then when i was in a relationship, i wanted to be single. lol

Not really. Not that easy when you come with a child too. Even though he is pretty much grown up. When you've been with someone for half your life the idea of someone else filling that void takes a bit of adjustment.

Not really. Not that easy when you come with a child too. Even though he …Not really. Not that easy when you come with a child too. Even though he is pretty much grown up. When you've been with someone for half your life the idea of someone else filling that void takes a bit of adjustment.

I wouldn't look at it has trying to fill a void, no one can replace anyone. You could still put yourself out there and find someone to share memories with.
psychobitchfromhell9 m ago

Not really. Not that easy when you come with a child too. Even though he …Not really. Not that easy when you come with a child too. Even though he is pretty much grown up. When you've been with someone for half your life the idea of someone else filling that void takes a bit of adjustment.

Yeah it takes some adjustment, was with my partner also for almost half my life, then she sadly passed away suddenly three years ago. You never think about being single again, or even feel that you may be ready again to face that scary dating world again. Being a widower at 38 is quite an adjustment.
Edited by: "cecilmcroberts" 10th Nov 2017
.MUFC.5 m ago

I wouldn't look at it has trying to fill a void, no one can replace …I wouldn't look at it has trying to fill a void, no one can replace anyone. You could still put yourself out there and find someone to share memories with.

That's a nice way of thinking of it.
cecilmcroberts4 m ago

Yeah it takes some adjustment, was with my partner also for almost half my …Yeah it takes some adjustment, was with my partner also for almost half my life, then she sadly passed away suddenly three years ago. You never think about being single again, or even feel that you may be ready again to face that scary dating world again. Being a widower at 38 is quite an adjustment.

Just three years since my husband died too. On his birthday too the selfish git. I wasn't ready to be a widow in my forties. It can be quite daunting can't it?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions