Groups
    EXPIRED

Sink unblocker needed urgently!

Can anyone recommend a value for money effective sink unblocker for bloated pipes?!?

Ive tried several cheap products and thick bleach and the problem persists - I remember a plumber telling me of a miracle cure for this but cant remember its name?

10 Comments

Caustic soda? Can you still buy it?

we had a horrendously blocked bath plug hole last week. Picked up a bottle of branded stuff for that purpose (was £1.99 I think) from Wilkinsons and it worked a treat. Out at dinner for now, but if you want me to check the name (still half bottle left) pm me and I'll do that when I get home.

EDIT: and btw, you can also get caustic soda for 59p in Wilkos - we tried that first but no effect...

Just take the trap off and clean it out? Cost = £0 so I presume thats cost effective enough?

The product you require, and it is truly a miracle, is ONE SHOT. Our local DIY centre sells it but you may find a supplier by searching the internet. It is highly caustic so care must be taken. It has a purplish colour and comes in 1L bottles. Cost is around £5.

orangoutan;1795044

The product you require, and it is truly a miracle...

does it walk on water or something? perhaps feed thousands with a few loaves and fishes? :whistling:

I believe it 'floats' on water, so near enough

Domestos Sink & Pipe Unblocker works a treat.

I'm forever blocking my bath pipes after washing my hair, the best thing I've used is Mr Muscle, the one that comes in 2 separate containers that you mix. I think its about £4 but worth every penny as it works straight away. Hope that helps! My husband thought he'd have to take the pipes a[art before me got that.

Original Poster

Thanks Everyone For Your Help. Rep Added To You All!

I use the Mr Muscle stuff as well. works a treat, but costs a fortune :x
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. If you had £50,000 to start a business what would it be ?915
      2. Back to European satellite tv32
      3. How long do we think it’ll be until USB C is considered as safe and univers…11
      4. Cheapest way to call landline, UK to Ireland78

See more discussions