size of carpet in ft

Posted 18th Jan
hello so I am looking at carpet for the hall and stairs

now the stairs starts with a big square step ,then 8 normal step up, then one step slighty more width, then the hall.

I have the measurement in pics

and am I correct that 15 by 13 feet roll

3390623-JjC8N.jpg
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

11 Comments
39703426-fTKTJ.jpghere the old carpet,looks old lol
The hall is usually downstairs. Upstairs is called the landing. Are you not intending to replace downstairs?

Add the measurements in feet and inches as well.
JimboParrot18/01/2020 07:15

The hall is usually downstairs. Upstairs is called the landing. Are you …The hall is usually downstairs. Upstairs is called the landing. Are you not intending to replace downstairs?Add the measurements in feet and inches as well.

ohh yea,I mean up stairs so the landing lol, but yea there no downstairs just one big step, its step stairs, it's a mid terrace like skinny house

i am not sure what their are in feet and inches only cm
Are you buying your carpet from a local company and getting a carpet fitter in to fit the carpet, or doing it yourself?

If buying locally, the company can send a fitter out first, to measure the area to be covered.
psychedelicrenegade18/01/2020 10:21

Are you buying your carpet from a local company and getting a carpet …Are you buying your carpet from a local company and getting a carpet fitter in to fit the carpet, or doing it yourself?If buying locally, the company can send a fitter out first, to measure the area to be covered.

locally, ohh ok then and yes getting fitter, I not even sure I can remove old carpet,looks thin and nailed in
Pricklerickle18/01/2020 10:50

locally, ohh ok then and yes getting fitter, I not even sure I can remove …locally, ohh ok then and yes getting fitter, I not even sure I can remove old carpet,looks thin and nailed in

get the fitter to do the removal & measuring then as you'll probably need underlay too and you'll be restricted to what carpet by its width. Probably best to get a carpet and split it 3-4 times to get your 78-86cm widths
You'd need to provide information on how the stairs and hall are laid out for a sensible calculation to be made. Unless you want the individual bits split up as in your diagram (e.g. you may want a strip of wood on each stair showing).

13' x 15' is what.. 3.96m x 4.57m? That not going to allow you to cut a stretch long enough for the upstairs hall.

Don't worry about feet and inches, work in what you're comfortable with. The shop can always convert your measurements for their use.
Edited by: "EndlessWaves" 18th Jan
EndlessWaves18/01/2020 11:44

You'd need to provide information on how the stairs and hall are laid out …You'd need to provide information on how the stairs and hall are laid out for a sensible calculation to be made. Unless you want the individual bits split up as in your diagram (e.g. you may want a strip of wood on each stair showing). 13' x 15' is what.. 3.96m x 4.57m? That not going to allow you to cut a stretch long enough for the upstairs hall.Don't worry about feet and inches, work in what you're comfortable with. The shop can always convert your measurements for their use.

oh I sent pics and re message the guy, I gave him 446 for landing or hall, lol when it is 466, he said it's 6 inch under but he will sort it for no extra cost, looking at carpet now it has not cut for hall way, and bit cut for half step, so all looks improvement, the stairs doesn't have underlay, but this capert has some backing so not too bad, I sent them pics also , so fingers crossed all goes good
chocci18/01/2020 11:28

get the fitter to do the removal & measuring then as you'll probably need …get the fitter to do the removal & measuring then as you'll probably need underlay too and you'll be restricted to what carpet by its width. Probably best to get a carpet and split it 3-4 times to get your 78-86cm widths

yes he said remove old carpet will probably be tenner extra which seems fine to me,tho only thing there won't do is take old capreet
I had cut carpets before and if done right, ain't too bad
Unless you intend fitting it yourself let the carpet shop come and measure, because if you get it wrong that could be an expensive mistake, if they get it wrong that's their problem.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions