Groups

skeuomorphism ios6? Or soulless, flat ios 7 upwards design?

What does everyone prefer?

4 Comments

Saw an old screenshot from my iPhone 4S home page in Google Photos today as it happens. It looks really bad to me now, yet seemed really nice at the time. Just too much going on and oddly garish - considering that my initial impression of iOS 7 was that it looked garish, where it now seems subtle and pared back.

Saw an old screenshot from my iPhone 4S home page in Google Photos today as it happens. It looks really bad to me now, yet seemed really nice at the time. Just too much going on and oddly garish - considering that my initial impression of iOS 7 was that it looked garish, where it now seems subtle and pared back.

Original Poster

Comment

misterleoni

Saw an old screenshot from my iPhone 4S home page in Google Photos today … Saw an old screenshot from my iPhone 4S home page in Google Photos today as it happens. It looks really bad to me now, yet seemed really nice at the time. Just too much going on and oddly garish - considering that my initial impression of iOS 7 was that it looked garish, where it now seems subtle and pared back.

Really? Don't miss the glossiness of ios 6? Think Steve jobs would be turning if he could see the flat and soulless design now

misterleoni

Saw an old screenshot from my iPhone 4S home page in Google Photos today … Saw an old screenshot from my iPhone 4S home page in Google Photos today as it happens. It looks really bad to me now, yet seemed really nice at the time. Just too much going on and oddly garish - considering that my initial impression of iOS 7 was that it looked garish, where it now seems subtle and pared back.

Did it look garish twice?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a Davosa Ternos Submariner Wristwatch worth £64578
      2. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains1211
      3. Win a luxury eight-night break for two in Malaysia with Ushvani Spa and Tra…55
      4. Win a safari adventure & claim a free Chicago Town pizza coupon44

See more discussions