Groups

Skoda Fabia Passenger Door won't open

My Skoda Fabia passenger door will not open. The central locking opens all the other doors. The inside handle won't open it either and the button/knob is permanently down. Any suggestions on how to rectify this or any ideas what's wrong and how much it's going to cost to get fixed?

6 Comments

You should be able to unlock and open door manually unless something has broken that's preventing the locking mechanism. To access the mechanism you need to open the door. Think you need to take to a mechanic. Option 2 is to break your way in which means you need to get a new door panel when done. I would seek help of you can't open. The key should work in the door though.. Have you tried key?

dont laugh but what you need to do is stand next to the passenger door with 1 hand holding the remote fob and the other hand ready to bang the door.
    keep banging quite hard either on the door handle or near it, and at the same time keep pressing the lock then the unlock button on the fob.
    keep banging the door while your pressing the buttons.
    eventually it will unlock.
    once it does , next time you lock the car dont double lock it until you get it looked at

Original Poster

wayners

You should be able to unlock and open door manually unless something has … You should be able to unlock and open door manually unless something has broken that's preventing the locking mechanism. To access the mechanism you need to open the door. Think you need to take to a mechanic. Option 2 is to break your way in which means you need to get a new door panel when done. I would seek help of you can't open. The key should work in the door though.. Have you tried key?

There is no option to open with a key on the passenger side.

Original Poster

lollypoplee

dont laugh but what you need to do is stand next to the passenger door … dont laugh but what you need to do is stand next to the passenger door with 1 hand holding the remote fob and the other hand ready to bang the door.keep banging quite hard either on the door handle or near it, and at the same time keep pressing the lock then the unlock button on the fob.keep banging the door while your pressing the buttons.eventually it will unlock.once it does , next time you lock the car dont double lock it until you get it looked at

Thanks. I'll give it a 'bash' and see how I get on!

You should be able to remove the plastic cover next to the door handle which will reveal the key hole.

Original Poster

Nope not on the passenger side it's an 06 plate
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Car MOT34
      2. House buyer survey?22
      3. best place for fishing tackle?33
      4. Xiaomi redmi note 4 global version.12

See more discussions