Skoda ovtavia diesel.

Found 16th Jun
430.000 mile Skoda still going strong who would have believed 30 years ago Skoda would be making cars that could hit this kind of milage and still be going strong.

Community Updates
Misc
15 Comments
Skoda is the badge, everything inside is VW German.
I take it you are starting to regret buying a new Dacia instead of a quality 10 year old Skoda for half the price ?
Inb4...
Original Poster
rogparki20 m ago

I take it you are starting to regret buying a new Dacia instead of a …I take it you are starting to regret buying a new Dacia instead of a quality 10 year old Skoda for half the price ?

I also have a 2016 octavia 1.6 diesel sport dsg. The reason I am a fan of my Dacia is for under 6k it is still a pleasure to drive, it's little 1.0 litre 3 cylinder engine is surprisingly nifty and gives of a nice sound above 2000 rpm. It will never be everyone's cup off tea but for some reason I like the back to basics of the Dacia.
Edited by: "SOUTHWALES" 16th Jun
There was a Mondeo that had over 1 million miles on it.

I'm not surprised at all. Most modern cars would run forever if they were looked after.
I knew cab drivers that had Nissan 1.6 bluebird diesels that had done 600k.
E300 diesels that had done a million miles.
TX1 black cabs that had done well over a million miles.
I personally owned a rover 418 diesel estate that had done 380000 miles before I sold it to my mate who got to 400000 miles before the cam belt snapped killing it. Worst thing was I gave him a new water pump and can belt with the car. He is a mechanic,
but was to lazy to change it.
I had a rover 218. 1.9 diesel that had over 500000 miles.
Thant’s why cab drivers used then.
Now days it seems to be Toyota Prius
Engine lasts forever, but everything else breaks off ages earlier?
I had two manufacturers recalls so far.

Saying the engine does 500,000 is like saying Trigg has walked 100,000 miles and is still going strong sweeping with
his "original" broom.
Edited by: "splender" 16th Jun
splender11 m ago

Engine lasts forever, but everything else breaks off ages earlier?I had …Engine lasts forever, but everything else breaks off ages earlier?I had two manufacturers recalls so far....Saying the engine does 500,000 is like saying Trigg has walked 100,000 miles and is still going strong sweeping withhis "original" broom.

youtu.be/BUl…eJE
There are so many variables involved in these kind of things you can jump to so many conclusions!

We have a Mitsubishi Grandis 2.4 at work that has been a pull car since 2004, its clocked up now 345K. Every consumable has been replaced over time and more! Most people would have scrapped it ages it ago but I just continue to preserve it for fun. People like to talk about it, its just a joke. When it gets physically damaged in a crash it will be the end of the line.

That's more or less the same with a lot of cars, many many Rav4s for example would still be running to half a million miles. However, most are exported from the UK to African RHD markets where they are never heard of again and usually end up in parts due car damage or owners abandoning them eventually.

This guy does have some amazing videos, but he wants you to watch so its always going to be presented in a certain way. He did some good videos on little Shogun pinin too.
groenleader22 m ago

We have a Mitsubishi Grandis 2.4 at work that has been a pull car since …We have a Mitsubishi Grandis 2.4 at work that has been a pull car since 2004, its clocked up now 345K. Every consumable has been replaced over time and more!

Sounds like Trigger's broom
Low carbon sooting and running cool is an indication she's had the egr bypassed, on another note-

Diesel cars are far more environmentally friendly over their lifetime (vs petrol) when you consider diesel takes far less energy to refine; diesel cars have lower consumption; the cars effectively have half the carbon footprint as they will do twice the mileage across their lifetime and; the exhaust fumes are typically less harmful Less harmful emissions.

So, as usual the environmentalist halfwits get their way to the detriment of the planet and the government and big business is happy as more cars will get sold post 2020 when it will become almost impossible to manufacture diesel cars in the UK given government commitments.

If the government really cared about the environment it would privatise public transport and make it free which would hardly hurt given there is pitifully little car manufacturing still done in the UK. I see Jaguar/landrover are already relocating manufacturing.

No doubt money is changing hands in back rooms by fatcats and politicians to push through these 'ad hoc' environmental decisions and yet they put so little investment into sustainable charging strategies for EV's etc.

Better start building that ark.
john18420 h, 14 m ago

I see Jaguar/landrover are already relocating manufacturing.

I thought they where only moving the current model so they can refit for a new model.
123thisisme18th Jun

I thought they where only moving the current model so they can refit for a …I thought they where only moving the current model so they can refit for a new model.

No, jobs lost are jobs lost. It will suit Jaguar Landrover well as they will blame Brexit and lower diesel sales but the real reason will be to half the wage bill and make it easier/cheaper to sell cars into EU markets. Just one press article

Unfortunately in this country people obsess over the trivial and completely miss the big picture. Divided we fall...
john18416 h, 44 m ago

Unfortunately in this country people obsess over the trivial and …Unfortunately in this country people obsess over the trivial and completely miss the big picture. Divided we fall...

Completely with you on the devastation environmentalists cause btw.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants