Groups

Sky

Does anybody know if I can record Sky movies on an external harddrive or would this be illegal? the Sky memory olf has 80 hours and want more ... is this possible?

9 Comments

Banned

Not illegal for you own personal viewing, as for possible im not so sure

You can put a bigger HDD in the box, you can't rip em from HDD to external HDD. You can burn them to DVD etc

not possible

Banned

Sky + is encrypted

As far as I know you can save them to an external HDD via the USB plug on the Sky + box, but need to watch them through the Sky + box

dimebars;7509281

Sky + is encryptedAs far as I know you can save them to an external HDD … Sky + is encryptedAs far as I know you can save them to an external HDD via the USB plug on the Sky + box, but need to watch them through the Sky + box

USB ports do nothing

Banned

Paddy_o_furniture;7509291

USB ports do nothing

So what they for then? Not being funny - I genuinely want to know!

dimebars;7509367

So what they for then? Not being funny - I genuinely want to know!

They do nothing, you can charge ipods etc on some but not on all, sky had them built in for future enhancements.

You can get a DVD recorder and burn the films straight to a DVD from the Sky Box, then delete the films on the Sky box to free up space thats what i do.

EDIT: I know your want more space and wanted to do it to a bigger HDD, but my way is the only viable option i think.

Original Poster

Thanks all, can one copy HD movied onto a DVD recorder, I guess the quality will not be that great! do you know how to do this guess not through the USB Port:p
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. How dangerous is Donald trump?31138
      2. What do these 2 men have in common1013
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764211
      4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846168

See more discussions