Sky activating bt line charge

Banned 8 replies
Found 17th Jun 2010
Getting sky in the next week.When i joined over the phone the lady said i had to pay £39 to activate the bt landline.

I already have a bt landline at home so no new conection is needed , however to activate it it cost £39.

Is this correct?

Seems a bit much just to activate a line, considering they will not be coming into the house to do it .

1. Misc
  2. Sky
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Sky
8 Comments

Banned

Double check with BT as I'm sure they are doing it for free now & if sky turn around & say it's a BT charge there's nothing they can do hit em with that.
Sky will try anything to get an extra couple of quid out of ya

SuperEd

tell them to stick it! just tell them you will go to virgin instead as its free connection

I had the same when i joined sky and took the telephone line at the same time,i paid £39 connection fee and then once the line was connected without an engineer calling i rang sky and they refunded me in full. Hope this helps:thumbsup:

Original Poster Banned

tara1082;8859964

I had the same when i joined sky and took the telephone line at the same … I had the same when i joined sky and took the telephone line at the same time,i paid £39 connection fee and then once the line was connected without an engineer calling i rang sky and they refunded me in full. Hope this helps:thumbsup:

Thanks do you think i should ring now or after installation?

Just because you don't see an engineer does not mean someone has not been to the exchange , i presume you are going on to LLU hence the charge, the connection is done in the exchange as far as im aware as they put you onto Skys equipment

deanos;8860145

Just because you don't see an engineer does not mean someone has not been … Just because you don't see an engineer does not mean someone has not been to the exchange , i presume you are going on to LLU hence the charge, the connection is done in the exchange as far as im aware as they put you onto Skys equipment

+1

sky will connect a sky line

bt connect a bt line

sky and bt are seperate companies

if youo have a dial tone chances are bt will connect if for free, subject to a 12 month contract and £12.79 per month line rental.

what you cant do is get a line connected with bt, then get sky to take the line over, this will cost you for cancelling contract with bt

Mod & Ed

Just had sky installed at my new house after having Virgin for a year, a BT engineer came out in the morning, and Sky engineer in the afternoon, Sky did say about the £39 fee didn't charge it as a gesture of goodwill, their customer service reps can do this no probs, ring them today and say you are thinking of cancelling because of the charge and am 99% sure they will refund you or not charge at all
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. 5 Letter Scrabble Game52322806
    2. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread427414631
    3. Monzo - weighing up how to pass on foreign ATM fees1224
    4. Misco about to go into administration11

See more discussions