Sky advert- everything is changing

Found 26th Jan 2009
Does anyone know what that new sky advert is all about? The one that says to look out for your sky magazine for details. Iv heard they are going to upgrade all non sky plus people to sky plus for free. Anyone in the know, want to enlighten me?

1. Misc
  2. Sky
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Sky
29 Comments

i know sky have been testing a new EPG for the sky HD boxes, but not heard of anything else

Sloth/Mod

My Sky is changing now.

Can't wait till the clocks go forward again. :-D

Original Poster

rellis3;4191742

i know sky have been testing a new EPG for the sky HD boxes, but not … i know sky have been testing a new EPG for the sky HD boxes, but not heard of anything else

I heard that to but don't see that they would push this advert so much if it was for a service that the majority of users (non hd) won't have access to

Jelly;4191777

http://www.skyuser.co.uk/forum/sky-news-announcements/27205-3dtv-sky-could-reality-future.htmlhttp://www.skyuser.co.uk/forum/sky-news-announcements/27192-sky-demonstrates-3d-tv-first-time.html

i thought sky were just showing off the 3d technology with this, but it wasn't a commercially viable option as the cost to the public would be too much?
if its true then amazing news, but with HD still not having a vast amount of content i cant imagine them pushing this yet.

Original Poster

Jelly;4191777

http://www.skyuser.co.uk/forum/sky-news-announcements/27205-3dtv-sky-could-reality-future.htmlhttp://www.skyuser.co.uk/forum/sky-news-announcements/27192-sky-demonstrates-3d-tv-first-time.html

So you would need to have a "3d ready" tv? I hope this isn't it, those 3d glasses don't work on me, got dodgy eyes lol

puberty? menopause?

May have something to do with HD boxes and the HD EPG

Its £49 HD boxes (for new and existing subscribers, but not multiroom upgrades), with one month's subscriptions free (for new customers only, I think).

midlandscomics;4191974

Its £49 HD boxes (for new and existing subscribers, but not multiroom … Its £49 HD boxes (for new and existing subscribers, but not multiroom upgrades), with one month's subscriptions free (for new customers only, I think).

Where did you hear this from....good news if its true!!!

jonincov;4192440

Where did you hear this from....good news if its true!!!

http://i713.photobucket.com/albums/ww135/mentalpostie/feb09.jpg

:thumbsup:

Original Poster

Dam now iv got to go out and buy and HD telly lol

midlandscomics;4192528

:thumbsup:

Cool thank u, I'd bettter give them a ring....

Web address doesn't seem to work though....

Sloth/Mod

jonincov;4193308

The offer hasn't launched yet. Some time next month :thumbsup:

jonincov;4193308

Deal doesn't go live until 1st Feb - that pic is a scan from next month's Sky mag

do i have to take the hd package for tenner a month. i just want the box because it has hdmi connection.

Syzable;4193334

The offer hasn't launched yet. Some time next month :thumbsup:

midlandscomics;4193346

Deal doesn't go live until 1st Feb - that pic is a scan from next month's … Deal doesn't go live until 1st Feb - that pic is a scan from next month's Sky mag

Thank u, that'll explain it then!! :oops:

got hd last week,, fortuanately i did a deal as i got it free for a year(£120),,, i honestly dont know what the fuss is about,, looks no different to me,,,, the mrs says ,, well the picture is ,,, sharper,,ish,,,,for a tenner a month ,,,,, up yours sky,,, even got a diff hdmi cable but no difference,,, its off to the opticians for me then.

Sloth/Mod

bond e lad;4194927

got hd last week,, fortuanately i did a deal as i got it free for a … got hd last week,, fortuanately i did a deal as i got it free for a year(£120),,, i honestly dont know what the fuss is about,, looks no different to me,,,, the mrs says ,, well the picture is ,,, sharper,,ish,,,,for a tenner a month ,,,,, up yours sky,,, even got a diff hdmi cable but no difference,,, its off to the opticians for me then.

You have got a HDTV haven't you. ;-) :lol:

A lot better for me but really you need around 37"+ for it to be really noticeable i'd say.

bond e lad;4194927

got hd last week,, fortuanately i did a deal as i got it free for a … got hd last week,, fortuanately i did a deal as i got it free for a year(£120),,, i honestly dont know what the fuss is about,, looks no different to me,,,, the mrs says ,, well the picture is ,,, sharper,,ish,,,,for a tenner a month ,,,,, up yours sky,,, even got a diff hdmi cable but no difference,,, its off to the opticians for me then.

sky HD only outputs at 720p, So i believe, but its worth the investement just for the kit and the option of connecting up to your home AMP.

Im still offended that my Pioneer has a SCART cable plugged in!!

my sky changed earlier, was blue but now is black

Wouldn't pay £10 extra a month for HD - I get it free with Virgin (On XL TV)

Although admittedly there is more HD content on SKy (at the moment) - when are they releasing Channel 4 HD to other channels?

Am I reading the sky charges right, £10 for HD, £10 for multi room and £10 for sky+ - or have they knocked that last one on the head??

Yeah, you dont pay extra for Sky+ unless you have a Sky+ box with no sky subscription package. So, just your sky sub, £10 for HD and £10 for multiroom (if you want multiroom).

Sky update is £49 for the Sky+HD box for both new and existing customers if you take the HD subscription (new 12 month contract applies).

Just been announced in Sky and on the web.

Ho wdo you get the magazine?
I've never received it!

Banned

Link to offer.

]http//pa…ce/

churchy2704;4210233

Link to offer.]http://packages.sky.com/hd/experience/

or if you are existing customer mysky.sky.com/por…mer

Before you order a new HD box be warned about what might be in store for you. Sky customer service is hopeless. Which has just resulted in me cancelling my entire Sky service instead of upgrading to HD. I tried to order this online when the offer came out, they couldn't complete online is I had to phone them, so I missed out on the discount of £10 for the first month's HD service.

Then their engineers failed to turn up to three separate installation appointments, including a PM appointment on Valentine's day. WHen I phoned to find outwhat was going on the Sky customer services tried to phone the installation contractor who put them on hold for 15 minutes and wouldn't speak to them. I was told there was nothing they could do and to phone back in the morning.

I phoned this morning to be told that apparently I was booked in for an AM appointment on Monday, which is a lie as I would never have agreed to an AM appointment. Upon checking my details they had the wrong postcode for me on their system despite me correcting it on the phone with them twice so my installations were being assigned to the wrong region. The next available appointment would be SIX WEEKS ! So having wasted three days of my time they now wanted me to wait another six weeks.

I asked to be put through to cancellations, they offered to waive the installation fee of £30 but could not install sooner than six weeks. So given that I needed a quick installation to replace a dying Sky+ box (my 3rd incidentally) there was little point in staying with Sky with a service that continually fails to record programmes. I've cancelled, the kids will be upset but they will just have to live without Disney channel. I don't think I've ever come across a company that treats it's existing customers so poorly.
Post a comment
@
    Text