Groups

Sky and Freesat channels set up requirements

Hi there people. I recently bought a Sky+HD Amstrad Box of here and was wondering what i actually require to watch TV programmes.

I only have this box. Do not have a satellite dish but do not know what else i would require to pick up channels on this. E.g :- cables or other devices to get signal through to the Sky Box.

If anyone can advise & how much the bits may cost would be much appreciated. Thanks

1 Comment

Do you actually need HD? Because that box will not get Freesat HD, only Sky HD which requires a subscription from Sky. It's easier just to get Sky to supply and install everything.

If you don't want HD then you can use that box as a normal Sky box (i.e. it won't record) by using a freesat-from-sky card (cost £25). You also need a Dish, LNB, cables and connectors. For a DIY install a satellite finder is also useful.

If you don't have the necessary experience to install & align and dish you can get Sky supply and install everything. See:
    sky.com/sho…aq/
    (scroll down to the question "Do I have to subscribe to Sky Digital to get Freesat from Sky?")

Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764359
      2. How dangerous is Donald trump?32172
      3. Microsoft Gamescom - Possibly more free games / Project Scorpio1631
      4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846230

See more discussions