sky + and multiroom

Found 22nd Sep 2009
hi, i'm thinking of upgrading my sky to a sky+ box and getting multiroom. does anyone know of any deals at the moment? it seems to be only new customers who get the best deals. i rang them up and she quoted me £149 plus £60 to install!!! daylight robbery. i said that was too much for me and she immediately replied with " the cheapest i can do it for you is £96 which includes installation" .....as i havnt had a leaflet through the door "inviting" me! bloody cheek of them. i still want it doing though lol, just could do with it being cheaper, so does anyone have one of these magic leafets????? (whatever they are)
thanks and heat and rep to all that help.

1. Misc
  2. Sky
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Sky
14 Comments

Why not ask to be put thou to the retentions dept and mention that you are thinking of going to Virgin as new customers get this very cheap?

tbh, ]SKY are showing SKY + Box for new customers at £49 + £30 installation fee.

You dont need multiroom, and you can use coiax cable and magic eye to link your main tv (sky +) to your second/bedroom telly at no cost at all.

:thumbsup:

What sky package/s are you thinking of?

We have just had sky + HD and it cost £49 for box and no installation as a new customer

Original Poster

Disco;6360590

tbh, ]SKY are showing SKY + Box for new customers at £49 + £30 i … tbh, ]SKY are showing SKY + Box for new customers at £49 + £30 installation fee. You dont need multiroom, and you can use coiax cable and magic eye to link your main tv (sky +) to your second/bedroom telly at no cost at all.:thumbsup:What sky package/s are you thinking of?

ive got pretty much all the channels except sky sports.
i figured if i got a sky+ box it would replace the one in my front room, then the one that was in the front room to go in the bedroom, which would mean getting multiroom.

Disco;6360590

tbh, ]SKY are showing SKY + Box for new customers at £49 + £30 i … tbh, ]SKY are showing SKY + Box for new customers at £49 + £30 installation fee. [COLOR="Red"]You dont need multiroom, and you can use coiax cable and magic eye to link your main tv (sky +) to your second/bedroom telly at no cost at all.[/COLOR]:thumbsup:What sky package/s are you thinking of?

Unless you want to watch something different to what is on the TV downstairs :?

Original Poster

nessynoo01;6360627

We have just had sky + HD and it cost £49 for box and no installation as … We have just had sky + HD and it cost £49 for box and no installation as a new customer

exactly! trhats a great price for new customers. why dont the people who have been with them for years "a valued customer" get good deals like that? ;-)

Original Poster

Chuckles1001;6360520

Why not ask to be put thou to the retentions dept and mention that you … Why not ask to be put thou to the retentions dept and mention that you are thinking of going to Virgin as new customers get this very cheap?

i tried that last year. they said they were sorry to see me leave but couldnt do anything foe me unless i paid the ridiculous amount of money. :x

i got sky hd and multi room installed for £49 as an existing other dont know if that offer is still on

just checked offer still on decent deal tho youd be paying an extra £10 a month for hd than you would for just multiroom

michelle2207;6360648

exactly! trhats a great price for new customers. why dont the people who … exactly! trhats a great price for new customers. why dont the people who have been with them for years "a valued customer" get good deals like that? ;-)

TBH our council paid for the dish to be installed and cables put into all blocks last year( we couldnt use sky we had to go thru DAS) so installations for us was a matter of a bloke plugging the box in and calling sky to give them details.

but i understand where u are coming from, same with virgin and my broadband wanted to increase my bill by £10 a couple of months ago told them to stick it lol and they eventually agreed to keep it the same

If you live in a region that is switching to digital in the very near future then Sky will upgrade you to Sky+ for a £30 fee and you have to take out Multi-room at £9.75 a month. Regions that currently benefit from this offer are Granada and Wales, other regions will follow. HOWEVER, the current waiting time is 14 WEEKS.

If you are a totally new customer the waiting time is 5 days.

Original Poster

pugw$sh;6360722

HOWEVER, the current waiting time is 14 WEEKS.If you are a totally new … HOWEVER, the current waiting time is 14 WEEKS.If you are a totally new customer the waiting time is 5 days.

yeah, that was another thing, the woman said it would take 3 months to get installed!

Original Poster

im gonna call virgin now and see what they can offer me then phone sky and see what they can do...... wish me luck guys.

michelle2207;6360791

im gonna call virgin now and see what they can offer me then phone sky … im gonna call virgin now and see what they can offer me then phone sky and see what they can do...... wish me luck guys.

if you're in a VM area, then opt for VM - imo, its better Broadband service, (optical) and you can get;

L BB (10mb)
65 channel TV
Eve / Weekends
Line Rental

for £30.50per month (2 months free) - and REMEMBER VM is coming soon to Quidco :thumbsup:

Prices upto £66 a month inc Line Rental.

Don't take their first offer, say you are thinking about SKY

Original Poster

do you think it would work if i cancel my sky and redo in my partners name as a new customer?
Post a comment
@
    Text