Groups

Sky+ and Sky HD

I was wondering if it is possible to run both a Sky+ box and a Sky HD box in the same room ? I know the remote controls for Sky+ and Sky (regular) are different and wondered if HD boxes were different to Sky+.

Don't even know if Sky allow a user to have the two boxes at the same time !

many thanks

8 Comments

I know Sky+ installations are fitted with cabling from the dish capable of delivering the HD video signal.

Sky HD boxes have sky+ functions so not sure why you want 2 boxes in the same room

Original Poster

kelly_o_fanatic

Sky HD boxes have sky+ functions so not sure why you want 2 boxes in the … Sky HD boxes have sky+ functions so not sure why you want 2 boxes in the same room

because I don't want them in two different rooms to be honest but if it can't be done then I'll leave it !

I'm sure you could have 2 in the same room, but sky say multiroom because they dont expect someone to want 2 in one room.

But why do you want both a sky+ box and a sky HD box???? Sky HD offers the recording function same as sky+

The Sky+ box and the Sky HD box both have the same remote codes! I think I did read somewhere that there is a way around it, but generally, bot in the same room, you'll find that one remote controls both!

Original Poster

peteivy

The Sky+ box and the Sky HD box both have the same remote codes! I think … The Sky+ box and the Sky HD box both have the same remote codes! I think I did read somewhere that there is a way around it, but generally, bot in the same room, you'll find that one remote controls both!

ok thanks, that answers my question. The reason I wanted both would be to take advantage of HD and have the chance to record more than two channels !

warnie

ok thanks, that answers my question. The reason I wanted both would be to … ok thanks, that answers my question. The reason I wanted both would be to take advantage of HD and have the chance to record more than two channels !

You must have money to burn lol!

I used to find this a little bit of a problem if I had series-linked any programmes that clashed and wanted to watch something else. The best way around the limitations are to use the +1 channels as they do come in useful, but TBH going for an extra box just for that wouldn't be economical.

NatD

You must have money to burn lol!I used to find this a little bit of a … You must have money to burn lol!I used to find this a little bit of a problem if I had series-linked any programmes that clashed and wanted to watch something else. The best way around the limitations are to use the +1 channels as they do come in useful, but TBH going for an extra box just for that wouldn't be economical.

Yes we are using the +1 channels at the moment when we have more than 2 programmes to record at once - at one point we had 4 we wanted to record, so 2 were done on +1

Good thing is that you can watch a recorded programme while 2 others are recording, even though you cant watch a 3rd channel
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …4522114
      2. If you had £50,000 to start a business what would it be ?2546
      3. How long do we think it’ll be until USB C is considered as safe and univers…66
      4. Sonos says let us spy or your stereo will not work77

See more discussions