Groups

sky anytime

my sky box is becoming pretty full. if i turn off anytime will i get to use that space to record onto?
    thanks in advance

9 Comments

No - The HDD space that Sky anytime is not accessible by the end-user, nor does it contribute to the total disk space.

Watch whats on there...God knows there must be 100 mins of adverts at least lol

Original Poster

thanks guru - rep added
    i think that should be sorted out by sky though - is abit pants really

emhaslam;5349753

thanks guru - rep addedi think that should be sorted out by sky though - … thanks guru - rep addedi think that should be sorted out by sky though - is abit pants really

What they SHOULD do is allow content to be transferred onto portable devices for storage, with the ONLY way to play it back is via the STB. It's easy enough to do with DRM.

Xb0xGuru;5349833

What they SHOULD do is allow content to be transferred onto portable … What they SHOULD do is allow content to be transferred onto portable devices for storage, with the ONLY way to play it back is via the STB. It's easy enough to do with DRM.

Please elaborate, i'd like to know how to do this...

pintofeggs;5349891

Please elaborate, i'd like to know how to do this...

You can't at the moment. All Sky+ / SkyHD / Sky+HD boxes have a USB port on the front. The content on the HDD is already DRM locked for subscription content.

In theory, this is what you should be able to do:

There should be an option to transfer content to a portable device (external HDD, USB stick) to free space on the HDD. Then if you want to watch it, you have to connect it back to the box.

I hate Sky Anytime. It's half full of films I can't access as I don't suscribe to the movie channel. All that untapped hard drive space!,

if you have a archos you can record onto that then store on pc or external hard drive

AJD851;5350226

if you have a archos you can record onto that then store on pc or … if you have a archos you can record onto that then store on pc or external hard drive

Not the cheapest option then
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Unexpected house guest query (Ratatouille)12
      2. Ditched Sky1012
      3. Ap on iPhone ios1122
      4. Easyjet - book now or wait?712

See more discussions