Sky are launching a £14.99 Now TV Smart Stick with voice remote

Editor 9
Found 25th Jan
Seems really good for the price, especially with the included voice remote.

2883251.jpg
The Now TV Smart Stick will launch at the end of February priced at £14.99. As you're all aware, Now TV streams at 720p (although that's soon to change at the end of this year), but the box is fully compatible with 1080p for its other services including ITV hub and so on

2883251.jpg
You'll also be able to pause live TV (as seen on the Now TV Smart Box) for up to 30 minutes.

Packages will be available for £20 offering one month of movies, two-month entertainment pass or three months of kids' TV.
Community Updates
9 Comments
Good alternative to the fire stick? If you can load 3rd party apps this will be even more of a bargain
Original Poster Editor
johnwillowlfc7 m ago

Good alternative to the fire stick? If you can load 3rd party apps this …Good alternative to the fire stick? If you can load 3rd party apps this will be even more of a bargain

Possibly, I think it's the lack of supported apps that hinders the Now TV platform. I personally have a Fire TV stick with voice remote and a Roku Stick, the latter offering Now TV on it.

But at £14.99, I think this is a fantastic little device for the money and perfect for Now TV subscribers.
Nice. Just hope the remote will work fine with the stick behind the TV. The sensor on the current box seems to have a narrow operating line of sight.
jayjay2665 m ago

Nice. Just hope the remote will work fine with the stick behind the TV. …Nice. Just hope the remote will work fine with the stick behind the TV. The sensor on the current box seems to have a narrow operating line of sight.

I had the same issue, but fitted a short HDMI extension.
About time,awesome for wall mounted televisions!
So, for the same price of Black Box, you get

- Pause live TV for up to 30 minutes
- Voice Remote
- Smaller device
Edited by: "irsjar" 25th Jan
According to engadget, you will be able to download shows/movies from May onwards, for offline viewing.

engadget.com/201…ck/
Great to have voice control because the remote control is a bit crap.
The smart box already lets you pause live tv, however as I discover this week the Ariel needs to be connected to it directly , so since mine is currently plugged into the tv, I would have to buy a splitter to make it work I assume the stick would get rid of that problem
Edited by: "tinkerbellian" 25th Jan
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants