Groups

sky box HELP.

Hi, ive currently got sky downstairs.

if i buy another box could i also chnage the channels upstairs and watch something diffrent to downstairs?

would i need the box and card? do i need to subscribe to sky?

your help would be appreciated.

8 Comments

You'll need a dual lnb on your satellite dish

You would need to pay £10 a month multi-room subscription

Tazzer;7399357

You'll need a dual lnb on your satellite dish

and a multi room subcription

kelly_o_fanatic;7399367

You would need to pay £10 a month multi-room subscription

Not at all, just another Sky Receiver and another cable from the dish/LNB to watch free channels.

Car Boot Sale / eBay.

if i buy another box could i also chnage the channels upstairs and watch something diffrent to downstairs? - YES, AS PER OTHER POST IF YOU PURCHASE SKY MULTIROOM @£10 PER MONTH FROM SKY

would i need the box and card? do i need to subscribe to sky? YES YOU NEED A SECOND BOX AND A SECOND VIEWING CARD WHICH IS A MINIMUM 12 MONTH CONTRACT USUALLY HOWEVER AFTER 12 MONTHS YOU CAN WATCH ALL FREEVIEW CHANNELS - FREESAT AND YOU CAN CANCEL YOUR SUBS

ANOTHER OPTION WOULD BE TO RUN AN AERIAL FROM THE RV2 OUTPUT ON THE DOWNSTAIRS SKYBOX TO THE TV UPSTAIRS TO ENABLE YOU TO WATCH SKY UPSTAIRS FOR FREE. IF YOU PURCHASE A MAGIC EYE FROM EBAY (APPROX £15 WITH REMOTE) YOU CAN CHANGE CHANNELS UPSTAIRS ASWELL. DOWNSIDE IS YOU CANNOT WATCH DIFFERENT CHANNELS UPSTAIRS / DOWNSTAIRS. :roll:

Inactive;7400972

Not at all, just another Sky Receiver and another cable from the dish/LNB … Not at all, just another Sky Receiver and another cable from the dish/LNB to watch free channels.Car Boot Sale / eBay.

Dont you just get channels 1 - 4 via this method unless you have a viewing card? Once your 12 month contract has finished you can get freesat which includes all usual freeview channels but you need a viewing card.

I've read this somewhere before and when the SKY engineer fitted the additional box in my sons room we could only get 1-4 as the viewing card had not been delivered. SKY engineer said this is all we can get until viewing card is inserted.

marmatdav;7401027

Dont you just get channels 1 - 4 via this method unless you have a … Dont you just get channels 1 - 4 via this method unless you have a viewing card? Once your 12 month contract has finished you can get freesat which includes all usual freeview channels but you need a viewing card.I've read this somewhere before and when the SKY engineer fitted the additional box in my sons room we could only get 1-4 as the viewing card had not been delivered. SKY engineer said this is all we can get until viewing card is inserted.

Total rubbish, pull out your Sky Card, you will still get hundreds of free channels.

You can now get Multi Room Light which is £5.00 per month for extra room subscription if you do not have any premium channels
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Do you have one of these 2.1 million 50p's selling for 20x its value?510
      2. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread423914468
      3. Try buy that Minecraft Xbone Argos deal? 10% online code in your email!22
      4. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!553771

See more discussions