Groups

sky box in 2nd bedroom can this be done

i am wanting to install sky into my sons bedroom we have sky downstairs and have been told it would be an ten pound a month i fine with that, the only thing is do i need a phone line in my sons room in order for him to have sky installed, all he has is plug sockets, many thanks for your help guys

19 Comments

Banned

no tell them before you take it that theres no phoneline
    so they dont bill you for 2 cards
    i have multiroom with both boxes not connected to phone lines just tell them

They put in the extra phone lines into both my bedrooms and that was part and parcel of the installation.......

Multi room is great.....and yes its an extra £10 a month

Original Poster

cheers guys rep to you both i will phone them 2morow we have a box as its our old one before we got sky+ i will tell them we have no phone line and see what they say

When I used to have sky I was told that I only HAD to have phone line connected to main box... multi-room box doesn't need phoneline connected as part of the contract, but if you don't have it connected then obviously interactive services/box office isn't available.

you dont need to even mention about phone line..................................it doesnt matter. They will run cable from your main socket to the bedroom = all neat and tidy!

also tell them at first ur wanting to leave as virgin giving u free installation in other room and u will no doubt get the £60 waivered for the installation charge! you must try that!!

let us know!

Original Poster

paddy.stone;6560049

When I used to have sky I was told that I only HAD to have phone line … When I used to have sky I was told that I only HAD to have phone line connected to main box... multi-room box doesn't need phoneline connected as part of the contract, but if you don't have it connected then obviously interactive services/box office isn't available.

thats fine its only going in the small mans room so i can have my tv back and stop watching bloody bomerang and cartoonito lol rep added x

Original Poster

bossyboots;6560059

you dont need to even mention about phone … you dont need to even mention about phone line..................................it doesnt matter. They will run cable from your main socket to the bedroom = all neat and tidy!also tell them at first ur wanting to leave as virgin giving u free installation in other room and u will no doubt get the £60 waivered for the installation charge! you must try that!!let us know!

yeh i tried that one a few months ago i love the virgin blackmail thats how i got my sky+ box free and installed for free, i sure they said £30 installtion but as i say that was few months ago its took me this long to get his bedroom sorted lol, will let you know how my negotiation skills go 2morow

keli;6560067

thats fine its only going in the small mans room so i can have my tv back … thats fine its only going in the small mans room so i can have my tv back and stop watching bloody bomerang and cartoonito lol rep added x

lol thats same reasons I got it into my sons room!! your life will change big time now lol

Banned

I have multiroom......But please dont tell sky!

Banned

guv;6560091

how

Original Poster

herewego1234;6560103

how

yes how please do tell us i dont mind dodgey lmao :-D

keli;6560123

yes how please do tell us i dont mind dodgey lmao :-D

i have multi room as well.. just stick a four port (if not bigger) LNB to your sky dish and run the cable from there (don't have sky+ in all rooms, just normal sky) easy peasy

guv;6560091

lmao - and it's a lot cheaper as well :thumbsup:

Original Poster

just phoned sky told them i want multi room i was given 2 options

option 1 use my old sky box i had before sky+ and they will send me a viewing card and i pay 9.95 per month but they dont install it so told me to find an independent engineer to fit it

option 2 pay 49 for a sky box and the 30 installation which they will come out and fit it for me.

i thought it was going to be simple i have a box sky come out and set it up i pay more money a month sky making more profit they would be happy......... seems not the case!

guv;6560091

Yet another bragging comment how many times have you posted this comment getting boring now. :whistling:

is there anyway to avoid the multiroom fee if you have it in 2 bedrooms? i already pay for it in our room, but our daughter wants it in her room (off santa of course!), i already pay nearly a tenna a month to get it in my room, can we avoid paying it in her room? it already connected up and ready to go, just need the box plugged in, but there is no phone line in there, will this be a problem?

(sorry to hijak your post!)!!!!

hocka;6579774

is there anyway to avoid the multiroom fee if you have it in 2 bedrooms? … is there anyway to avoid the multiroom fee if you have it in 2 bedrooms? i already pay for it in our room, but our daughter wants it in her room (off santa of course!), i already pay nearly a tenna a month to get it in my room, can we avoid paying it in her room? it already connected up and ready to go, just need the box plugged in, but there is no phone line in there, will this be a problem? (sorry to hijak your post!)!!!!

nope, don't need phone line- just run the normal cable from lnb to the box and voila. you'll need a viewing card in the box though.. no phone line means no iteractive games etc..

samwants2save;6580633

nope, don't need phone line- just run the normal cable from lnb to the … nope, don't need phone line- just run the normal cable from lnb to the box and voila. you'll need a viewing card in the box though.. no phone line means no iteractive games etc..

thank you for that!

samwants2save;6580633

nope, don't need phone line- just run the normal cable from lnb to the … nope, don't need phone line- just run the normal cable from lnb to the box and voila. you'll need a viewing card in the box though.. no phone line means no iteractive games etc..

A viewing card is only required for a few channels, the Sky receiver will work without a card.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. word association Game72944196
      2. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …3871523
      3. WHY CANT I JUST TYPE IN THE TEXT BOX77
      4. If you had £50,000 to start a business what would it be ?2240

See more discussions