Found 10th Sep 2010
Hi technical people. Please help me.

I used to be with sky with a sky+ box. Stopped their service a couple of months ago. Still use the aeriel & box & I suppose the card too.

Today I lost all my Five channels (Five, Five usa, Fiver). Anyone know how to fix it please? That are the only channels I watch.

Greedy sky probably would have known I only watch them, so took those channel's off & now want me to join them again.

Please help..

18 Comments

You will need to buy a freesat card

I believe you will need to purchase a new Sky viewing card, it's approximately £20

Original Poster

Oh no.

Original Poster

I just checked my TV has a Freeview, but I dont know how the sky aeriel wire will go into the back of the TV? Do I need any special cable?

sky doesn't use your aerial just plug your aerial into your tv

Original Poster

dmissy13

sky doesn't use your aerial just plug your aerial into your tv

I cant because the cables dont match.

And I dont know what they are called.
Edited by: "KOGONAI" 10th Sep 2010

KOGONAI

I just checked my TV has a Freeview, but I dont know how the sky aeriel … I just checked my TV has a Freeview, but I dont know how the sky aeriel wire will go into the back of the TV? Do I need any special cable?

You will not be able to use your satellite dish as an aerial, to view Freeview you will need to have a digital aerial

the satellite dish runs the sky box, a tv aerial runs the channels through your tv, your sky dish won't work the freeview on your tv
Edited by: "dmissy13" 10th Sep 2010

Is this a real thread oO

Original Poster

KOGONAI

I just checked my TV has a Freeview, but I dont know how the sky aeriel … I just checked my TV has a Freeview, but I dont know how the sky aeriel wire will go into the back of the TV? Do I need any special cable?

dmissy13

the satellite dish runs the sky box, a tv aerial runs the channels … the satellite dish runs the sky box, a tv aerial runs the channels through your tv, your sky dish won't work the freeview on your tv

Sorry guys for being so stupid. So the Sky Dish / Aeriel wont work with my TV. I need to buy a new Aeriel? How much am I looking to spend?

Original Poster

DAMNOME, why do you say that & how did you do that? oO

Do you have an aeriel?
If yes - plug it into your TV

if no - you need to get an aeriel for your freeview TV to work or pay for a freesat card to get your sky box to pick up all the freeview chanels

Banned

THIS IS SKY TV PLEASE STAND BACK FROM YOUR BOX AS IT WILL SELF DESTRUCT IN 5 SECONDS THANK YOU.

Banned

Do a system reset planner rebuild first. Search on the internet its easy enough to do.

Original Poster

DAMNOME

Do you have an aeriel?If yes - plug it into your TVif no - you need to … Do you have an aeriel?If yes - plug it into your TVif no - you need to get an aeriel for your freeview TV to work or pay for a freesat card to get your sky box to pick up all the freeview chanels

Thanks to everyone. I am going to buy an aeriel. Dont want to pay those sky people even a penny of my hard earned money.

Original Poster

RFC

THIS IS SKY TV PLEASE STAND BACK FROM YOUR BOX AS IT WILL SELF DESTRUCT … THIS IS SKY TV PLEASE STAND BACK FROM YOUR BOX AS IT WILL SELF DESTRUCT IN 5 SECONDS THANK YOU.

Funny?

Original Poster

Thanks all. its sorted now. I borrowed an aeriel from my neighbour & its working fine for now.

Banned

if anyone else having same issue, this is how to get channel 5 on sky without any viewing card.
go to Services - System Setup - Add Channels Change to this - Frequency: 10773MHz (10.773GHz) Polarity: Horizontal Symbol rate: 22000 (22.0Mb) FEC: 5/6 then Find Channels. select "Five" and press the yellow button to save. to watch "five" goto Services - Other Channels, and select "Five" Cant find a way to save this channel to "tv guide" but hey, its still there in "other channels.

Enjoy.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247626
    2. Cat Chat78760
    3. South Park: The Fractured Butt Hole Preorders - Ubisoft Store (Free Season …11
    4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769460

See more discussions