Found 12th Feb 2009
Had this issue before in warranty and just had it replaced (over a year ago)...

Now this one has given it up.

Anyone have any idea what causes it, and is it worth getting the toolkit/soldering iron out?

Just asking so I don't have to poke around the innards if there's no chance.

1. Misc
  2. Sky
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Sky
8 Comments

Sloth/Mod

Dead..............there are some tricks to try on google but usually signals Hard Drive failure i think.

happens to me all the time, try removing the viewing card for 5 mins and try again

yea do a hard reset

Original Poster

Sorry, should've mentioned I've tried all the usuals (hard reset, power cables unplugged, viewing card out etc)...

I'm aiming more towards what would cause the fault in the guts of the machine.

Looking around google, most likely the HDD, but I haven't got a spare knocking around at the mo (looks like the next thing to try though).

They must have done an update, one of our boxes is also stuck

Tried the various methods of starting it up again and had no luck, tried calling sky but when you chose the option it just goes silent and then disconnects.

Unplug power cord. Hold Backup button on box while plugging in power cable. All lights come on and it downloads latest software.

Original Poster

kingy58;4362991

Unplug power cord. Hold Backup button on box while plugging in power … Unplug power cord. Hold Backup button on box while plugging in power cable. All lights come on and it downloads latest software.

Spot on, worked a treat...

:thumbsup:
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Which wall design do you like best?89
    2. word association Game74244939
    3. 5 Letter Scrabble Game52522901
    4. Add one, leave one game54415485

See more discussions