Groups

Sky+ Boxes

I have sky+ downstairs and normal sky upstairs. Can i buy a 2nd hand sky+ box and plug it in upstairs and have sky+??

THanks!

8 Comments

You'll need a twin feed for the box upstairs too, but then it should would

Original Poster

cheers, i have heard that u need to get another sky+ subscription which allows you to record is this true/

kiwinator;6156442

cheers, i have heard that u need to get another sky+ subscription which … cheers, i have heard that u need to get another sky+ subscription which allows you to record is this true/

Not to my knowledge - your Multiroom gives you the same subscription level as your main box

kiwinator;6156442

cheers, i have heard that u need to get another sky+ subscription which … cheers, i have heard that u need to get another sky+ subscription which allows you to record is this true/

I would have thought you would need a new Sky card to take advantage of the Sky+ features in the extra box you buy.

You will also need extra cable run from the dish to the new Sky box.

guilbert53;6156601

I would have thought you would need a new Sky card to take advantage of … I would have thought you would need a new Sky card to take advantage of the Sky+ features in the extra box you buy.You will also need extra cable run from the dish to the new Sky box.

But the existing box will alredy have a card - just call Sky to pair the box and the card.

already mentioned about the need for a twin feed :thumbsup:

Original Poster

thanks bassman repped

seriously, unless you're getting sky box complely free - you'd be better off phoning sky and asking for a multi-room offers. they *may* give you a free sky+ box, if you upgrade your main home box to sky hd, then you'll have a sky+ box to move about the place anyway.

This does cost £10.00 per month - but it means you have 2 sky sources.

-radishnet

If you already have multiroom both will work as sky+
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. How dangerous is Donald trump?31138
      2. What do these 2 men have in common1013
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764211
      4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846169

See more discussions