Sky Broadband - £15 for existing TV customers (with no Sky phone/BB) - 18 months, total cost - £270, plus one off setup charge of £19.95

Posted 15th Nov
Ok, so now the broadband Black Friday deals are coming in for new customers, I thought I'd have a look and see whats being offered to existing customers in relation to broadband and found that if I log in to my Sky account (with whom I only have TV with), and then place an order for Fibre BB (upto 78meg), it comes to £15, with free anytime talk for the duration of the broadband contract.
Potential £65 topcashback/quidco on this too. Hope this helps someone.
Community Updates

Groups

Top comments
If u want a wifi signal more than 3 metres away from ur hub do not touch this. Sky’s hub is shocking to say the least.
48 Comments
Is that £15 including the line rental?
If u want a wifi signal more than 3 metres away from ur hub do not touch this. Sky’s hub is shocking to say the least.
Andymack11215/11/2019 18:08

If u want a wifi signal more than 3 metres away from ur hub do not touch …If u want a wifi signal more than 3 metres away from ur hub do not touch this. Sky’s hub is shocking to say the least.

There is the option of wifi boost at £2.50 a month, and if you have Sky Q, the boxes do act as wifi extenders.
Never had Sky broadband so not sure about its wifi range. Seems about as bad as the Virgin hub.
KingNav36015/11/2019 18:11

There is the option of wifi boost at £2.50 a month, and if you have Sky Q, …There is the option of wifi boost at £2.50 a month, and if you have Sky Q, the boxes do act as wifi extenders. Never had Sky broadband so not sure about its wifi range. Seems about as bad as the Virgin hub.

I changed to talk talk and the hub is outstanding and much faster speed with them too
Andymack11215/11/2019 18:13

I changed to talk talk and the hub is outstanding and much faster speed …I changed to talk talk and the hub is outstanding and much faster speed with them too

Wi-Fi signal is very tempramental in the fact that many thing can affect it when it should.
A good wifi mesh system is the answer.

There is the option of wifi boost at £2.50 a month, and if you have Sky Q, …There is the option of wifi boost at £2.50 a month, and if you have Sky Q, the boxes do act as wifi extenders. Never had Sky broadband so not sure about its wifi range. Seems about as bad as the Virgin hub.

My virgin hub 2 is awesome best one I've ever had they don't do them anymore but when they 9ffered me a free hub3 I said No Thank You xx
KingNav36015/11/2019 18:17

Wi-Fi signal is very tempramental in the fact that many thing can affect …Wi-Fi signal is very tempramental in the fact that many thing can affect it when it should. A good wifi mesh system is the answer.

I had skys old hubs in the past in same position and they were better for range but that new hub WOWFUL have talk talk hub in same place and full bars in every room
Matzi200015/11/2019 18:18

My virgin hub 2 is awesome best one I've ever had they don't do them …My virgin hub 2 is awesome best one I've ever had they don't do them anymore but when they 9ffered me a free hub3 I said No Thank You xx

I'd never go back to Virgin til they dont get rid of that dreaded Hub 3

Yeah the hub 3 from virgin is they also tried to get me to commit to the wifi boosters at an extra cost. Informed them politely as to what part of the body you can stick the booster as I already pay enough for the service.

As bad as the Virgin Hub? The V H (3.0) is actually pretty good. My phones wifi signal is comfortably 2 bars when I'm 2 floors away from the hub and on the opposite side of a standard 4 bedroom house. That's not bad at all considering all the walls and interference.
Edited by: "BargainHunta96" 15th Nov
BargainHunta9615/11/2019 18:26

As bad as the Virgin Hub? The V H (3.0) is actually pretty good. My phones …As bad as the Virgin Hub? The V H (3.0) is actually pretty good. My phones wifi signal is comfortably 2 bars when I'm 2 floors away from the hub and on the opposite side of a standard 4 bedroom house. That's not bad at all considering all the walls and interference.

Haha. You must be one the lucky ones, and a minority at that.
Google VH3 wifi signal on google and on here, and you will find reams and reams of people complaining.
NOt seeing this deal as an existing customer

If u want a wifi signal more than 3 metres away from ur hub do not touch …If u want a wifi signal more than 3 metres away from ur hub do not touch this. Sky’s hub is shocking to say the least.

Just invest in a third party router. Pretty much All ISP supplied routers are poor
sul15/11/2019 18:54

Just invest in a third party router. Pretty much All ISP supplied routers …Just invest in a third party router. Pretty much All ISP supplied routers are poor

Not talk talks
Showing as £29/mth for me
Great deal for fibre broadband, pitty there's no fibre in my area and sky could offer this price for standard broadband
Showing £29 for me where does it show £15 did you actually select package to place order
MR+T15/11/2019 20:09

Showing £29 for me where does it show £15 did you actually select package t …Showing £29 for me where does it show £15 did you actually select package to place order

Yes, selected the package as if I was placing the order and at the bottom of the page it added £15 on top of my package charges for the broadband.
Then if you scroll further down, it lets you add anytime calls for £0 for the 18 month duration.
KingNav36015/11/2019 20:10

Yes, selected the package as if I was placing the order and at the bottom …Yes, selected the package as if I was placing the order and at the bottom of the page it added £15 on top of my package charges for the broadband. Then if you scroll further down, it lets you add anytime calls for £0 for the 18 month duration.

Did it initially show £29
MR+T15/11/2019 20:17

Did it initially show £29

Well, when I select the BB and talk, it was £29, but when I hit select, my total package cost was highlighted at the bottom of the page as an increase of £15
Mine shows £29 please show screenshot
MR+T15/11/2019 20:42

Mine shows £29 please show screenshot

I dont know then. Have a chat with Sky. A screenshot from me wont mean anything to you as it wont show my package price for the TV, and subsequently the increase for the BB.

I'm with sky I'm pretty happy with it
This must be account specific, I don’t see anything!

I would have agreed as the sky mini box kept dropping signal upstairs as well as poor Wi-Fi. But apparently when the engineers came out to fix it they see where your signal is weakest and boost it. I've had no problems since, and they came out and sorted it. Double check way them, the guy said they get their back side felt if the Wi-Fi shows an "Amber signal"?
Edited by: "STRICKIBHOY" 15th Nov
Won’t work for me works out at £29 + £19.95 set up
Showing as £29 for me also

Its been fine for me
Here's the offer I got from these greedy clowns (paying £17 p/m for ancient ADSL2+ broadband):

38999769-05tOv.jpg

The nerve to add a £10 fee for no reason on an active line and £4 WiFi boost (£20 upfront too!) because their Sky Hub is horrendous (using a Asus router in bridge mode to circumvent that issue) all the while paying £3 p/m more.

Edited by: "Sherbat" 15th Nov
No existing customer should pay sky an admin fee, if they do more fool them.
I get this for £12.22 from the Post office. £15 x 18 less £50 credit. Standard broadband and speeds of 18mb/s
snooper7516/11/2019 07:59

I get this for £12.22 from the Post office. £15 x 18 less £50 credit. St …I get this for £12.22 from the Post office. £15 x 18 less £50 credit. Standard broadband and speeds of 18mb/s

This is for fibre broadband with speeds of upto 78mb/s, so a total different product, and also, if you factor in the £65 cashback. It works out about the same as your deal my friend.
KingNav36016/11/2019 08:49

This is for fibre broadband with speeds of upto 78mb/s, so a total …This is for fibre broadband with speeds of upto 78mb/s, so a total different product, and also, if you factor in the £65 cashback. It works out about the same as your deal my friend.

Good deal then if you can get it
snooper7516/11/2019 08:57

Good deal then if you can get it

Not to forget the free unlimited anytime calls to landline and mobiles for the duration of the contract too
What speeds do you get for the £15 package?
ceanth16/11/2019 10:08

What speeds do you get for the £15 package?

Upto 78
KingNav36016/11/2019 08:49

This is for fibre broadband with speeds of upto 78mb/s, so a total …This is for fibre broadband with speeds of upto 78mb/s, so a total different product, and also, if you factor in the £65 cashback. It works out about the same as your deal my friend.

What cashback? This is potentially for existing customers only.
£29 for me too, anyone apart from the OP seeing this price?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions