Groups

Sky Broadband

I have just purchased Sky broadband and TV today. My BT line is being installed on the 8th May where by I then have to ring Sky up to let them know once the BT line has been active for 5 days. Once I've rang Sky they said it could be 10-15 days before my broadband is working. Has anyone had a quicker turn around than this as it will be almost a month after I placed the order for my broadband to be properly installed and working?

Alternatively, I have been informed that if you are a gamer, they can set max_delays to 8 (instead of 30) to lower your ping. Has nayone done this and if so, what number did you ring to get this done?

9 Comments

Once your line is active let Sky know and dont wait five days - They will not have access to info of when the line was made acive (I used to work for BT)

I suspect that the 15 day wait wont apply either as when I got my Sky broadband as soon as my modem came (about five days) I put it on and was already active. I presume that the 15 days is a bit of a safety net.

My broadband was connected when I got the router delivered too (about 2 days after ordering)

I think they say 15 days just to give themselves time in case they get problems

Original Poster

monkey.nut;2000236

Once your line is active let Sky know and dont wait five days - They will … Once your line is active let Sky know and dont wait five days - They will not have access to info of when the line was made acive (I used to work for BT)I suspect that the 15 day wait wont apply either as when I got my Sky broadband as soon as my modem came (about five days) I put it on and was already active. I presume that the 15 days is a bit of a safety net.

I take it as soon as the BT install is done then the line would be active?

Original Poster

Bane17;2056437

I take it as soon as the BT install is done then the line would be active?

Never mind, has it done this morning and rang Sky who have put the order through.

Found out I am 2.47km away from the exchange though and will only receive 512kb/s speed.

Original Poster

saintscouple;2057412

http://www.skyuser.co.uk/ :thumbsup:

Is there any thing specific on the site which might be able to help?

Original Poster

The exchange can be found below by putting in postcode LE3 3UH*
    kitz.co.uk/ads…php

* Postcode LE3 3UH is an equivalent and not my actual postcode

Original Poster

vixygwim;2057494

I just tried that checker, says my theoretical ADSL Max rate is 3.5 … I just tried that checker, says my theoretical ADSL Max rate is 3.5 Mbps.Take it with a bag of salt :lol:.

Thanks for that. I'll post back once I've set it up to let you know what mine is and whether or not the site lies!

Original Poster

Got router this morning but net not switched on yet
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. RIP DOCTOR WHO710
      2. USS Indianapolis wreckage to be considered as a war memorial1218
      3. Are these two things distinctly different to you?67
      4. Supermarket may have sold Sausages & Other Pork products may have been inf…1430

See more discussions