Groups

Sky broadband

Just want to know what people think of this deal.....

After reading about sky broadband and (a couple) of people from here apparently getting it £10 a month for broadband and phone line (total £120 for 12 month contract) I thought I would give them a ring.

They wouldn't come close to matching that, but did offer me....

Fibre broadband, sky box and basic package, 24/7 calls on a phone line, and £20 credit into account. Total cost £27.40 per month, 12 month contract.

Is this ok?

8 Comments

Got the £10 deal last week, took a bit of haggling tho

Original Poster

Lisajohno

Got the £10 deal last week, took a bit of haggling tho

Were you an existing Customer?

Original Poster

I am new to Sky. And also I presume that your offer doesn't include sky basic package, box, installations etc? .... Bleh don't know if I've done the right thing.
    Edited by: "xhdjdhs" 2nd Sep 2016

i got free fibre for a year (i.e. only pay line rental) so works out at £17.40 a month. this was in April, though so not sure if its still available.

didnt notice you included sky tv, not bad then
    Edited by: "adamspencer95" 2nd Sep 2016

xhdjdhs

I am new to Sky. And also I presume that your offer doesn't include sky … I am new to Sky. And also I presume that your offer doesn't include sky basic package, box, installations etc? .... Bleh don't know if I've done the right thing.

Assuming that the basic TV package and phone is worth something to you (i.e. you don't only watch Netflix and use a mobile), it's a good deal. Personally I'd take it too.

Original Poster

Ok thanks muir, we didn't really want Sky tv in a way due to costs but I think that it was a good deal. £15 for Sky tv and £10 for fibre broadband is how I try to look at it. £10 for Broadband - yes please. And £15 for Sky tv - yes sure. So yeah, think quite happy.

Hopefully in 12 months I will fall into the "retentions" category and it will be cheaper, lol

I think it's really good deal I'm paying £57 for basic TV broadband and phone line and unlimited calls, but request to cancel all from 1st October when my contract finish, already sign up for phone broadband and unlimited calls with plusnet £14 a month and don't watch TV that much anyway. saving of £43 months.

Original Poster

ehsangreat

I think it's really good deal I'm paying £57 for basic TV broadband and … I think it's really good deal I'm paying £57 for basic TV broadband and phone line and unlimited calls, but request to cancel all from 1st October when my contract finish, already sign up for phone broadband and unlimited calls with plusnet £14 a month and don't watch TV that much anyway. saving of £43 months.

Hi, thanks. I didn't know about plus net to be honest. £14 including installation and everything? Is it standard Internet speed?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Bet365 Free In Play Bet £25 Chelsea Vs Tottenham24
      2. French polisher out to smooth the floor11
      3. Help O2 wont repair my sony experia xz67
      4. Mcdonalds fizzy drinks not working57

See more discussions