sky broadband and telephone can't change installation date

5 replies
Found 12th May
hi there I signed upto to sky in February/march time when there was a offer on the advisor told me I could get the instllation date changed easily over the phone and I took out the contract it's supposed to start on 24/5/2017 I need to change it but 3 times I rang in March and April they told me it's gone thru the date has been changed. only to recive a email saying sorry the date change has been rejected so I left it till know as I want to move it to 28.06.17. so I rang this time to be told It won't allow them to do this anyone have a better idea how to get it changed I tried msn and text message service but they all tell me I need to ring to do it but then it keeps getting rejected.

5 Comments

They are pushing for the services to get connected. Simple threat of "I wish to cancel then" should get there tails moving.

Original Poster

ok I'll try that then the gentleman on phone said it won't allow me change the date as I have done it too many times. (failed everytime can't see why that's my fault. ) but he said they will pay for cancellation charges from other provider. issue is I have a mobile contract and other services aswell so don't want to do that unless as a last resort.

If before you signed the contract that's what they told you then it's part of the contract and them not doing as they said constitutes a breach of contract. Put in a complaint on resolver.co.uk, does take a few weeks if you have to keep escalating, but it's the only way that works. Eventually, if your problem is not solved, this will be escalated to the ombudsman and their decision is final.
Edited by: "xfaxfa" 12th May

Original Poster

​oh my days I have opened a case on there I have used resolver in past and companies have took it very seriously. on first email it looked like they would sort it out they asked for some security questions after that every email they sent back has been worse than the phone calls from telling me to call them again to telling me they can't change installation date as Engineers can't keep change date to come out which is all lies as a engineer visit isn't required and also states on there own website you can change date of installation upto te say before. I have requested them to give me there ceo,s email address but they don't seem to understand what do you think I should do open new case or send them a long letter by post.

Original Poster

xfaxfa

If before you signed the contract that's what they told you then it's … If before you signed the contract that's what they told you then it's part of the contract and them not doing as they said constitutes a breach of contract. Put in a complaint on www.resolver.co.uk, does take a few weeks if you have to keep escalating, but it's the only way that works. Eventually, if your problem is not solved, this will be escalated to the ombudsman and their decision is final.

​​​oh my days I have opened a case on there I have used resolver in past and companies have took it very seriously. on first email it looked like they would sort it out they asked for some security questions after that every email they sent back has been worse than the phone calls from telling me to call them again to telling me they can't change installation date as Engineers can't keep change date to come out which is all lies as a engineer visit isn't required and also states on there own website you can change date of installation upto te say before. I have requested them to give me there ceo,s email address but they don't seem to understand what do you think I should do open new case or send them a long letter by post.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Domain renewal12
    2. Should I upgrade to Windows 10?46
    3. 48 hour working time directive69
    4. Installing google play store on Kindle Fire 2nd gen?615

See more discussions