Groups
    EXPIRED

sky broadband any good?

HI, I have just had sky plus installed and im thinking about changing from aol to sky broadband but i don't want to lose my email address so wondered
    * Is sky talk and broadband anygood?
    * and will i be able to keep my email address with aol?

6 Comments

Original Poster

anyone?

I don't know whether Sky BB is any good but you can keep your AOL email address.

Original Poster

yipykayay

I don't know whether Sky BB is any good but you can keep your AOL email … I don't know whether Sky BB is any good but you can keep your AOL email address.

ok thanks thats good 2 know :thumbsup:

Hi

I am on sky broadbands "max" package which costs me an extra £10/month on my sky subscription - it is their top package. Personally I am really pleased with it. There are no download limits (rumour is that downloading 250gigs+/month might cause you problems) and no traffic shaping so bittorrent flies. I have my own domain name and email hosting with 1and1 who charge less than £1/month for me to have my own email address for life which means no hassle ever switching ISPs. I can easily max out my connection (I get 8Mb/s) when downloading a file - even if I don't use a download manager to segment the file. Tier 1 support in India is **** - they don't understand even the basics just get a ticket number and talk to tier 2/3.

Original Poster

dajg

HiI am on sky broadbands "max" package which costs me an extra £10/month … HiI am on sky broadbands "max" package which costs me an extra £10/month on my sky subscription - it is their top package. Personally I am really pleased with it. There are no download limits (rumour is that downloading 250gigs+/month might cause you problems) and no traffic shaping so bittorrent flies. I have my own domain name and email hosting with 1and1 who charge less than £1/month for me to have my own email address for life which means no hassle ever switching ISPs. I can easily max out my connection (I get 8Mb/s) when downloading a file - even if I don't use a download manager to segment the file. Tier 1 support in India is **** - they don't understand even the basics just get a ticket number and talk to tier 2/3.

Ok thanks for that :thumbsup:

I had Sky broadband for 9 months, and the service was so consistently bad that they reminated my contract early AND refunded the full 9 months rental to me. I wouldn't touch them with a bargepole, but as you can see from dajg, not everyone has had the same experiences.
    My main problem was that they had quite a few occasions when I wasn't able to access any secure sites through them, and it took about 4 days on average for them to resolve this. I need to log into my uni account daily, at the time I was studying for my finals and wasn't able to access any of my uni stuff and had to go to uni at all times of the day and night to use their pcs when I should have been working from home.
    I found rechnical support to be non-existent, and I did get a ticket number on several occasions, I even spent 2 days waiting in for a phone call that never arrived. They gave me a URL to a website where I could submit all the details of my complaint, and then the text box only allowed me something stupid like 300 characters.
    For an unbiased opinion, go to [url]www.skyuser.co.uk[/url], read the forums there and see what you think!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!563830
      2. Cheer me up please?712
      3. Feels weird!925
      4. HUKD Satellite Information & IPTV Thread48710956

See more discussions