Sky Broadband Any Good?

Posted 7th Feb
I am out on contract for Virgin, What is your opinion on sky broadband?
Community Updates

Groups

14 Comments
I'm also interested, peeved at years of having a "free" phone line that has only been used to call Virgin fault desk.
I've never had a problem with Virgin, but I'm scattered all over the place. Looking for a deal.
I was with Sky broadband and they were very good.
Wouldn’t recommend for gaming
They have been the best broadband provider in terms of fewest complaints, according to Ofcom, for a very long time now.
Immerse_Charm07/02/2020 13:43

Wouldn’t recommend for gaming

i dont know leavw beeb pretty good with my fibre
RYANdeals07/02/2020 13:44

They have been the best broadband provider in terms of fewest complaints, …They have been the best broadband provider in terms of fewest complaints, according to Ofcom, for a very long time now.

I’d presume that’s because people want Sky TV...not because they’re actually good(poo) that’s just my opinion though
shakey198107/02/2020 13:44

i dont know leavw beeb pretty good with my fibre

Obviously depends on what, but I’m generally speaking
Immerse_Charm07/02/2020 13:47

I’d presume that’s because people want Sky TV...not because they’re actua …I’d presume that’s because people want Sky TV...not because they’re actually good(poo) that’s just my opinion though

I have Sky fibre without Sky TV - they've been pretty good all the time I've been with them, and have sorted problems we've had pretty quickly. Been with them for about 12-13 years, from ADSL to fibre, and only had problems three or four times.
Edited by: "alg" 7th Feb
Immerse_Charm07/02/2020 13:47

I’d presume that’s because people want Sky TV...not because they’re actua …I’d presume that’s because people want Sky TV...not because they’re actually good(poo) that’s just my opinion though

Those statistics are purely based on broadband. Sky have had fewest complaints for over 3 years straight now on statistics that come out every 3 months.

They are also fewest complaints for landline, mobile and TV.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and everyone has their own personal experience. But these stats cannot be denied.
RYANdeals07/02/2020 13:52

Those statistics are purely based on broadband. Sky have had fewest …Those statistics are purely based on broadband. Sky have had fewest complaints for over 3 years straight now on statistics that come out every 3 months.They are also fewest complaints for landline, mobile and TV. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and everyone has their own personal experience. But these stats cannot be denied.

Yeah just reference them next time, not saying you’re wrong buddy chill(popcorn)
Immerse_Charm07/02/2020 13:58

Yeah just reference them next time, not saying you’re wrong buddy c …Yeah just reference them next time, not saying you’re wrong buddy chill(popcorn)

I have idea what you mean by 'just reference them'. Perfectly chill here. It's a discussion. People will have different views/experiences.
My personal experience has been good, although i would say the only downside is, you can't use a custom router and have to use there's which isn't that great.
50/50

My old house I couldn’t fault it, good speeds and stable connection

This house, absolute nightmare, barely pulling 1mbps at times. Loss of connection almost daily.

Now with Virgin.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants