Sky Broadband & call rate price rises, cancellation.

LocalFound 28th Feb
Broadband increases £1.01 1st April

“Changes to Sky Talk Call Rates, Call Connection Charge, Sky Voicemail and clarification of our acceptable use policy

From 1 May 2018, the following changes will apply:

Connection Charge

The connection fee for Pay as You Talk and non-inclusive calls on other packages (including calls exceeding one hour) will increase from 19p to 22p, unless a separate connection fee or minimum fee is specified. Connection fees do not apply to:

• Free, inclusive or unlimited calls (including those that commence within an uncharged period but end in a charged period)

• Fixed fee calls

• Calls charged by timed duration that start with a fixed fee

• Calls to service numbers (084, 087, 09 and 118 numbers)

• Calls to personal numbering charge-band pn7

UK Mobile call rates

The charge for Pay As You Talk calls and non-inclusive calls on other packages to UK mobiles made during the evening will increase from 14.25p per minute to 17p per minute.

UK Landline Rates

The charge for non-inclusive calls to UK landlines will increase from 12.54p per minute to 14.65p per minute.

Calls to Isle of Man Mobiles

The charge-band for Isle of Man mobiles (starting [076 & 0745]) has been changed and calls to these numbers will be charged at 55p per minute.

Access Charge

The access charge for calls to service numbers (starting 084, 087, 09 and 118) will increase from 11.5p per minute to 13p per minute.

Acceptable use policy for inclusive calls to 0845 and 0870 numbers

Inclusive calls to service numbers starting 0845 and 0870 will be limited to 150 calls or 1000 minutes per month, whichever is reached first. This is what we consider to be reasonable usage of your Sky Talk Calls package for domestic purposes. After this, calls to these numbers will be charged at our standard rates (13p per minute access charge plus service charge).

Sky Voicemail

From 1 April 2018, the charge for Sky Voicemail (1571) will increase by £0.75 from £1.25 to £2.00 per month”

click here

Cancellations ahoy! Or bargain yourselves a better deal

Email

2901973.jpg
Community Updates
Top comments
I used to get annoyed to price increases but now i look forward to them. It just means i get a better deal
30 Comments
I used to get annoyed to price increases but now i look forward to them. It just means i get a better deal
I don’t get it? Can we cancel our contracts
kyrakumar1 m ago

I don’t get it? Can we cancel our contracts

Call rate changes. I left last year after 3 months.
Yeah - my TV package price is increasing too. Guess a phone call to their retention department is due.
Lucky for some. That 8.99 retention deal is perfect for this.
kaizhu792 m ago

Lucky for some. That 8.99 retention deal is perfect for this.

Prob why, it will be £10 in May. New call charge changes and I bet they ain’t telling people the call prices are changing in 1 month, then the following month Sky Broadband is rising too, still £10 all in is a great deal.
veedubjai4 m ago

veedubjai will be on a renegotiation call ASAP, when Sky reopen their closedcall centres due to the weather today.
From when can we cancel is it now after receiving the price rise email or when the price change comes into force on 1st of April or may? I've got broadband with them
Edited by: "Buyer1024GB" 1st Mar
i just got bb with sky in Jan 2018 at £18.99 per month. wat a rip off..
Apparently you have to inform them within 30 days of receiving letter /email what is this retention deal mentioned on previous post ?
Buyer1024GB18 m ago

From when can we cancel is it now after receiving the price rise email or …From when can we cancel is it now after receiving the price rise email or when the price change comes into force on 1st of April or may? I've got broadband with them

Notification is on the webpage already so you don’t need to wait for a letter/email addressed to yourself, you are aware of the changes and your right to leave so they should take the cancellation as notice has been served on the website - 14 days cancellation notification for Talk &/or Broadband, so make sure your new telco provider can take over by then as the line hands back to Openreach system or the line will be disconnected and you may have to pay reconnection fees and wait another 14 days for a new broadband as a fresh line as it has been a LLU Sky line.
anetlyons1 h, 32 m ago

Apparently you have to inform them within 30 days of receiving letter …Apparently you have to inform them within 30 days of receiving letter /email what is this retention deal mentioned on previous post ?

anetlyons1 h, 32 m ago

Apparently you have to inform them within 30 days of receiving letter …Apparently you have to inform them within 30 days of receiving letter /email what is this retention deal mentioned on previous post ?

They must give at least 1 months notice, the website states changes on 1April for Broadband £1.01 increase so that’s one month and two months notice is being given for the call charge changes, you can serve 14 days cancellation notice you do accept these detrimental changes now they are on the website or wait until you get a personal address email/letter to the account holder, I expect emails are going out overnight to all customers until midnight tomorrow as that’s 1 months notice as required by contract law and Ofcom telcos must comply with U.K. contract law.

Edit: Ofcom ofcom.org.uk/pho…cts
Edited by: "seaniboy" 1st Mar
New T&C from Feb 2018 (they have removed the old terms) page 27 states about price changes, assume this hasn’t changed - but it states they may address you personally or put a notification on Sky.com - infact it should be both.

sky.com/sho…pdf
For those with inclusive call bundles, ie Sky Anytime/Anytime Extra/International

Old fair use policy
sky.com/sho…cy/

Now from 1st May 0845/0870 is 150 calls/1000mins whatever comes first.

Detrimental change of terms, to now being limited & chargeable -13ppm and service charge.

You can cancel on any of the excluded call price rise charges anyway, ie Isle Of Man, Connection Fee rise on excluded calls, but more info means going in armed for renegotiation/cancellation as you will now be capped on 0845/0870 inclusions that were unlimited in comparison with the old slack Acceptable Use Policy to the new 150c/1000m caps.
Edited by: "seaniboy" 1st Mar
sky.com/hel…ion

Switching my phone and broadband provider

• If you would like to view options online before you switch, check here.
  • If you’re switching to a provider other than Virgin Media’s cable service, you can place your order without contacting Sky.
  • Otherwise, contact us if you’re switching to Virgin Media’s cable service or exercising a right to leave that we’ve told you about. If you’re able to confirm your Virgin activation date with us, we can arrange for your Sky services to be cancelled as close to that date as possible.

Switching my mobile provider

• What is my cancellation period?Your cancellation period depends on the service. For example, a minimum 31 days’ notice is required to cancel Sky TV and a ***minimum 14 days for Sky Talk and Broadband***

Ok can’t find pre Feb 2018 Sky Broadband & Talk Terms anywhere - so I assume we were not even notified of any terms changes prior to them being uploaded to Sly website, they redate them when changes occur, Sly....
jscwan4 h, 42 m ago

i just got bb with sky in Jan 2018 at £18.99 per month. wat a rip off..

You took the deal last a few weeks ago and claim it a rip off ? . Why take the deal then 🤔.
33353288-c6n6K.jpgCold, pick a group to list in, choosing every group
OK, so we are paying £18.99 p/m all in for unlimited bb (standard, not fibre) and line rental. According to our bill the £18.99 is for the line rental and the bb is discounted to £0. Our future bills are showing no price increase and we've had no email mentioning them. But i can still cancel by quoting increased call charges....have I got this right?
whatyadoinsucka1 h, 41 m ago

[Image] Cold, pick a group to list in, choosing every group

That's poor listing it under sport & fitness, restaurants .

Are we supposed to vote hot because the price is going up?
time to find a new deal methinks
airbiscuits8 h, 49 m ago

Yeah - my TV package price is increasing too. Guess a phone call to their …Yeah - my TV package price is increasing too. Guess a phone call to their retention department is due.

airbiscuits8 h, 49 m ago

Yeah - my TV package price is increasing too. Guess a phone call to their …Yeah - my TV package price is increasing too. Guess a phone call to their retention department is due.

Yeah, I received an email about that. Lots of waffle about improving the service then a small bit at the bottom telling me that the price is going up by about 7%! I am on a rolling contract that is heavily discounted on the normal price and so I am not sure if I will be able to do any better.
Dazaharris12 h, 31 m ago

You took the deal last a few weeks ago and claim it a rip off ? . …You took the deal last a few weeks ago and claim it a rip off ? . Why take the deal then 🤔.

cos its now like £10 a month on new contracts...
jscwan5 m ago

cos its now like £10 a month on new contracts...

But at the time it weren’t a rip off lol. Phone them up and tell them you want the new deal. Sky are pretty good to be fair.
Managed to cancel without charge today with 8 months still to run on our contract after referencing the forthcoming increase in call charges. Did it via online chat.

The agent was very good but made no attempt to keep us with offers.

Already signed up for Virgin.
whatyadoinsucka16 h, 15 m ago

[Image] Cold, pick a group to list in, choosing every group

People’s bills are going up, they can move elsewhere cheaper - everyone’s a winner.
I have the full sky HD + tv package and received the price increase letter today (boxset bundle +£1.50 sky sports and cinema £2.00) new total from April will be £33.50 previous price was £30. My 12 month contract ended and got put on a 18 month rolling deal. I was wondering how does £33.50 compare to other people who have the full tv sky + HD tv pacakge?
Can i cancel my tv package as its gone up £3.50 a month ? thanks in advance.
Edited by: "waterloo" 5th Mar
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants