EXPIRED

Sky broadband free for 2 years with sky sports, thoughts?

Hello fellow cheapskates! Just one question really, I already have sky sports, phone line, broadband, so do I just "activate" sky sports 5 and save myself £7.50 a month for 2 years, or is there something I'm missing here. I am aware of BT getting most of the football rights next year.

7 Comments

tv package prices going up by £4 Aug/Sep if you have full package, signing up for sports 5 ties you in again for 18 months I think? still a small saving to be had

Signing up to sky sports 5 is just the usual rolling 1 month sports contract as far as I can tell, but you are committing yourself to 18 months broadband, which you will start to pay for if you cancel your sports sub, or if you opt for fibre (at a reduced rate for the first 12 months only). remember if you don't already have sky broadband you may get quidco/topcashback of you do it all online...

Sky have lost all the European football, and I suspect when the Premier league comes up they will lose that as well, they are simply copying what BT are doing by giving you one product free if you take another

BT is where it is at, so I would change to them if I were you

Seconded for BT

and you can only get it in Sky LLU areas, any areas using wholesale will still charge you for the BB

Offer available to Sky TV customers with Sky Sports. Sky Network areas only. £6.95 router delivery charge applies. New minimum term required for Sky Broadband Unlimited, calls and line rental - 12 months for new and 18 months for existing Sky Broadband customers.

BT from me too.

BT from me three.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Which Smart Watch for Running?25
    2. Which Camera?!!!22
    3. Kodi - £ Sports Recommendations1014
    4. Sky or Virgin?1418

See more discussions