Sky Broadband Help, STATIC

Weve just had sky broadband installed and its all fine and dandy but when i go to pick up the phone theres massive static on the line its really noisey i tried switiching the microfilter boxes around but this dosent work should these be on all the boxes ? they sent me 3 weve got the router plugged in , 3 phones and the sky box all going connected together is this too much and how can i get rid of the static ! thanks in advance for any help !

6 Comments

we are on bt so may not be the same but we need a microfilter on every single socket so that may be the problem-try unplugging one phone and having the 3 supplied filters on every socket in use and see if that solves it

Try here ]Skyuser

Try pulling the phone line out of the Sky Receiver, see if that cures it.;-)

Original Poster

Which sky reciver you mean the TV box ?

You need a filter plugged into every IN USE SOCKET (be it a phone plugged or a fax or a set top box) you don't need a filter in extension sockets with nothing plugged in. The exception being if you have a dedicated ADSL faceplate. Did you have any bother with your previous provider? or is ADSL new to your premises?

Original Poster

we were with virgin before which is fibre optic so less hassle. ADSL is defo new to us ive tried the micro filters but no joy
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846125
    2. A Nigerian prince and bit coins scam33
    3. Sad news about Barcelona2077
    4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764100

See more discussions